Infographic Text: Tips to Get a Good-Looking Professional Headshot
A flattering headshot can inspire both trust and professional respect. Here are some tips to make a good first impression:
- Use a plain backdrop or unfocused background to keep viewers' eyes on yourself.
- Bring a mirror so you can style your hair and check for any food in your teeth.
- Keep your body language open and friendly—don't lean too far back or cross your arms tightly.
- Make sure you have lots of light so the camera can get a crisp picture.
- Avoid clothes with distracting patterns or text.
- Relax your jaw to get a more natural smile.
- Mind your posture! Keep your shoulders back and your chin forward.
- Wear the same style of clothing you would during a therapy session.
GoodTherapy recommends hiring a professional photographer if at all possible. They have the lighting, cameras, and photo editing skills to help you look your best. A photographer can charge $75 to $1000 depending on which services you want.
For more information on how to market your private practice, consider getting a GoodTherapy membership.
- Pilon, A. (2018, April 10). Best 20 tips for business headshots. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2qYhkJm
- Robert, N. (n.d.). Headshot poses simplified: Tips and examples. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2Ya18ag
- 6 tips for a better therapist headshot. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2M4vvZF
- Ulsrud, J. (n.d.) How much do headshots cost? Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2JziJ3w