Andrea Schneider, LCSW
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Andrea Schneider, LCSW
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LCSW - 21592|
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Billing and Insurance
Fees: 150$/ 50- minute hour
250$/ 90- minute hour
See other therapists in San Dimas, CA.
*Trauma-Informed Specialty/ EMDR Trained*
I have 2 primary practice specialties, serving both men and women:
*One of my passions is helping women and their families through the life cycle transitions of fertility, pregnancy, postpartum, and perimenopause. I also help women/couples through perinatal loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc.). Support for new dads/partners is also under this umbrella of psychotherapy.
*Another subspecialty I provide is helping clients who are leaving toxic relationships and healing from narcissistic abuse. I just published by first ebook, Soul Vampires: Reclaiming Your Lifeblood After Narcissistic Abuse, and I've published several articles for on all my practice specialties, as well as for my own blog at
I take a team approach to helping my clients feel empowered to develop their goals for recovering through depression, anxiety, grief/loss, trauma and/or life cycle transition. My philosophy is very strengths-focused and client-centered. I offer a compassionate listening ear and psycho-education, in addition to other avenues of intervention. I provide tele-health for clients who are geographically far (through Regroup Therapy)
Email or Call Andrea Schneider, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 05404
More Info About My Practice
Telehealth options available as well (contact Andrea for phone session options).
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I have 2 primary populations I focus on in my practice:
*maternal wellness/reproductive mental health (for women and men ; perinatal mood/anxiety disorders, perinatal loss)
*narcissistic abuse recovery in love, family, and work relationships
EMDR Trained - Trauma-Informed Specialty
My Role as a Therapist
I am a client-centered therapist, and I believe that the stance of unconditional, positive regard is crucial to the healing of my clients. I offer a nonjudgmental space for my clients to receive support; tangible, evidence-based interventions to guide them in recovery; coordination of care with other helping professionals; psychoeducation; and hope as my clients emerge from challenging times to healing, wellness, and balance.
Telehealth is available for clients who are geographically far within the state of CA. Contact Andrea to see if this is an appropriate fit for your needs.
Consultations/life coaching also available in circumstances where this service is appropriate.
My Blog Posts
- Perinatal Depression: What It Is and What It Probably Isn't
- Idealize, Devalue, Discard: The Dizzying Cycle of Narcissism
- ‘Hoover Maneuver’: The Dirty Secret of Emotional Abuse
- Gaslighting: A Slow-Burning Emotional Abuse Tactic
- Surviving the Holidays Amid the Narcissism of a Family Member
- 10 Tips for Beating the Holiday Blues
- Unreality Check: Cognitive Dissonance in Narcissistic Abuse
- Depression Doesn't Have to Be a Life (or Death) Sentence
- Same Difference: Embracing a Diversity of Learning Styles
- What Do Teen Boys Need from Parents? Let's Ask One
- Silent Treatment: Preferred Weapon of People with Narcissism
- Supporting Mental Health During Bed Rest While Pregnant
- Expressive Arts As Means to Heal Trauma
- Recovering from Narcissistic Abuse, Part III: The Groundhog
- Strengthening Your Relationship in the First Year of Parenthood
- Electronic Communication: Pros and Cons for People in Recovery
- Not Just Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails: Tips for Raising Boys
- Revisiting Support for Those Affected by Perinatal Loss
- Revisiting Self-Care for the Special-Needs Parent
- Perinatal Depression: Self-Care for Moms of School-Aged Children
- Recovering from Narcissistic Abuse, Part II: The No-Contact Rule
- Recovering from Narcissistic Abuse, Part I: Blindsided
- Support for Siblings of Special Needs Children
- Expressive Arts Therapies for New Moms
- How Boys' Learning Styles Differ (and How We Can Support Them)
- Developmental Delays Alone Do Not Result in Child Murders
- Special Needs Parenting: 10 Tips for Holiday Stress Reduction
- Protective Lioness Roars and Prances: Thoughts on Competitive Mothering
- Sensory Processing Challenges and the Role of Occupational Therapy
- PCOS: The Hidden Enemy to Fertility
- How to Help the Special Needs Child Transition Back to School
- Tools to Help with the Early Stages of Remission of Perinatal Depression
- Travel Tips for the Special Needs Family
- Can You Guess the No. 1 Complication of Childbirth?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Special Needs Parent?
- Perimenopause: A Transitional Zone for Women
- Recovering and Thriving as a Parent After Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
- When the Bough Breaks: Resources for Overcoming Perinatal Loss
- Resources for Special Needs Parents with Young Children
- Help! My Brain is Betraying Me!: Intrusive Thoughts in Motherhood
- Sex After Baby: A Midsummer Night's Dream?
- Even Dads Can Get Postpartum Depression
- May Is Perinatal Mental Health Awareness Month: Get the Facts
- Supporting Someone With Postpartum Depression: What You Can Do to Help
- Fertility Challenges: Coping Tips and Resources
- Embracing Motherhood: Resources for the Sleepy, Frazzled New Mom
- Transitioning Back to Work After the Baby: Tips for Working Moms
- Nurturing the Nurturer: Self-Care for Dealing with Postpartum Depression
- Relief for People Facing Pregnancy-Related Issues and Anxiety
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Creative Arts Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
My practice subspecialties: I work with men and women regarding the following concerns:
Perinatal Mood/Anxiety Disorders (women's reproductive mental health...including fertility issues, perinatal loss, perinatal depression/anxiety, support for dads); special needs parenting support, healing from toxic relationships in work/family/love; narcissistic abuse recovery
Child/Family Issues; maternal mental health; special needs support; narcissistic abuse recovery
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.