Nicole Urdang, MS, NCC, DHM
|Professions: Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMHC|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: $150 for a fifty minute session. Extended sessions and phone sessions available.
See other therapists in Buffalo, NY.
As a holistic psychotherapist for over 35 years, I have delighted in working with people using a wide variety of modalities. Whether it is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation, homeopathy, sound healing, Bach Flower Remedies, dream work, journaling, affirmations, Buddhism, mindfulness, depth psychology, or anything else, all come together to support your health and well-being.
By respecting your individuality and providing a safe, confidential, non-judgmental environment I pave the way for us to collaboratively develop a therapeutic alliance, where trust flourishes and you feel comfortable sharing your deepest concerns and authentic self.
There are so many wonderful and effective ways to help with the kaleidoscope of challenges we all face. The beauty of holistic psychotherapy is its integration of theories and practices from psychology, philosophy, yoga, homeopathy, nutrition, ancient Sanskrit mantras, poetry, meditation, herbs, etc. into a cohesive whole, all of which help balance mind, body, and spirit.
As the yogis say, all that you seek is already within you. Helping you create a loving, compassionate relationship with yourself, while catalyzing your intuition and wisdom to enhance other areas of your life, is the most meaningful work I know.
I welcome the opportunity to collaborate with you on old and/or current issues, and help you find that peace that really does lie within.
Please feel free to call me and ask any questions you might have.
Email or Call Nicole Urdang, MS, NCC, DHM at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01635
More Info About My Practice
My 100% free website is a great way to get a glimpse of what I can offer you.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Actually, I find that all issues boil down to some very basic themes. My goal is to compassionately and intelligently guide people to their truest self. That path encompasses self-compassion, self-acceptance, and patience with the process of one's personal evolution.
Had a Negative Therapy Experience?
As many people come to me after having had unhelpful therapy experiences, this is a question close to my heart. To make a very basic analogy, let's say you went to a restaurant and had a unpleasant experience. You wouldn't swear off all restaurants, would you? Therapists are people, and it can take a few tries before you find someone who is a good fit for you. (This website has a number of helpful articles on how to carefully choose a therapist.)
My Blog Posts
- Better Brain Chemistry: Sleep, Move, and Breathe to Calm
- Why You Should Listen to Your Brilliant Body-Mind Connection
- How IFS Helps with Addictions and Compulsions
- When Adrift in Life's Waves, Do More Than Just Hang On
- The Beauty of Self-Love: Making Peace with Your Body
- Where There's Self-Compassion, There's Compassion for Others
- How Yoga Can Help with Depression, Anxiety, Anger, and Grief
- How Your Body Can Change Your Mind and Moods
- Practical Ways to Work Toward Better Emotional Balance
- What Unique Gifts Are You Hiding from the Rest of Us?
- When Life Gives You Turbulence, Give Yourself a Soft Landing
- Routines and Rituals: Mindfulness as a Tool for Mastery
- Yoga Nidra for Relaxation, Insomnia, and Posttraumatic Stress
- How Aromatherapy Can Boost Psychological and Physical Health
- Are You the One You’ve Been Waiting For?
- Inspire Change in Your Life by Making One
- Fasten Your Emotional Safety Belt
- What the Five Regrets of the Dying Teach Us about Living
- Why It's Time to Bring Your Invisible Disability Out into the Open
- Subject Yourself or Protect Yourself?
- Want to Soar? Let Go of Outcome, Failure, and Imperfection
- Must You Love Yourself Before You Can Love Another?
- Making Peace with Money
- It's Never Too Late to Grow
- Learn, Bless, and Release
- What's the Rush? Six Tips for Soothing Stress
- The Challenge Du Jour: Recognizing Your Resilience
- Be Yourself and Share Yourself with the World
- One Size Doesn't Fit All When It Comes to Treatment
- Self-Soothe in Your Own Compassionate Hammock
- Psychological Spring Cleaning: Sweeping Away Inner Turmoil
- Developing an Emotional First Aid Kit
- Calming the Emotional Chaos of Grief
- Help Others Reduce Stress and Increase Self-Esteem
- How to Face Your Demons
- Restlessness, Boredom, and Groundlessness
- Learn to Sit with Discomfort in Your Life
- Cultivating Trust in Yourself
- Writing Your Personal Manifesto
- What's Your Hurry? The Healing Powers of Patience
- Give What You Want to Receive
- How to Choose a Holistic Psychotherapist
- An Introduction to Holistic Psychotherapy
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Other areas include: money management and one's relationship to money, debt, hoarding, the inability to share or spend wisely, difficulty saving; dealing with psychological, physical, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of mid-life and beyond.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.