Judith Barr, MS, LMHC
Judith Barr, MS, LMHC
|Professions: Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC - 000256|
|Secondary Credential: MHC - 000328|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in Brookfield, CT.
It is my sacred honor to help people with their deepest and most personal issues: their ancient wounds, in their lives within and without; their deepest hopes and fears, dreams and longings, and the blocks that interfere with creating their lives and finding and birthing their Selves.
It saddens me deeply to see our world being offered "quick fixes," "bandaids," and "get over it" or "transcend it" philosophies for dealing with life's deepest wounds and traumas. It saddens me to see people being offered symptom ?management? instead of real healing -- managing thoughts, feelings, and more -- leaving the real wound beneath the symptom, beneath the surface to continue to haunt them in their lives.
It saddens me to see our world encouraging people to repeat as adults what they did as children - repress their feelings and find defenses to keep them away; this is society degrading feeling and keeping us emotionally stuck, emotionally unmatured.
I bring to clients a message of lasting healing, healing to the root. I help people find and claim their own wounds, commit themselves to the real work of healing inside and out, work at their organic rhythm and pace to build their capacity to feel, and more.
I also help people recognize the link between their individual healing and the healing of our planet. With a passion for safety and for healing to the root, I am committed to helping heal and transform our world and to making a difference one-by-one and on a global scale.
Email or Call Judith Barr, MS, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00893
More Info About My Practice
I bring to my practice of psychotherapy a tapestry of gifts interwoven with my life experience and professional skills, and a commitment to each person with whom I work. I love this work of psyche and soul! I have been a depth psychotherapist in private practice for over 30 years, with an M.S. in Counseling and licensure as a Mental Health Counselor in Florida, New York, and Connecticut. I offer my healing expertise in an array of formats, including working with individuals, groups, workshops, and consultations. In addition to this, I offer training and supervision for healing arts professionals. Through my book "Power Abused, Power Healed," and my blog PoliPsych, I teach about the misuse and abuse of power in both the healing professions and in all arenas of life, and the vast healing that is possible.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Choosing a caring, integritous therapist is a crucial part of your commitment to your healing journey. To truly heal to the root, it is important to partner with a therapist who does the work to heal his/her own wounding; who receives ongoing supervision from another healing professional; who is not afraid of both "light" and "dark" feelings and knows how to use both in healthy ways; who is compassionate and truly attunes to clients; and who is committed to help clients heal deeply and to the root, rather than "manage" feelings and wounds with "quick fixes" or "bandaids."
My Blog Posts
- Healing the Misuse and Abuse of Power: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Cycles of Dark and Light: Welcomed or Hidden
- Who Tells the World What Therapy Is (and with What Consequences)?
- Grief Calling Us
- Newtown Tragedy Brings Mental Health into the Spotlight
- Commitment: We Have So Much to Learn
- Outer Storms and Inner Storms: What Did Hurricane Sandy Trigger in You?
- Part II: Why Do We Have So Much Violence in Our World and How Do We End It?
- Part I: Why Do We Have so Much Violence in Our World and How Do We End It?
- How Can We Say We're Independent?
- Even the Light Can Be Misused
- The Power of Therapy Misused: How You Can Use Your Power to Help!
- What if the State of Our Economy Is Really the Result of . . .? And How the Media Could Help if It Wanted to
- Part II: What Are We Gonna Do With All This Hate – Live With It Or Heal It?
- Where Does the Violence Really Come From?
- When the Mask Falls Off: Understanding a Very Human and Very Spiritual Reality
- Whitney Houston and the Pain Inside Us
- Wounded Leaders: There's So Much We Can Learn and Heal Through the Elections
- A Gift From Your Soul
- Don't Misuse Thankfulness!
- Great Job, Anderson Cooper... Post Script
- Great Job, Anderson Cooper... But Don’t Stop There!
- Why Did We Let S&P Scare Us?
- Resolving the Debt Issues at the Root
- Independence: Possible if There is Suffereing in the World?
- When the Blossoms Are Full and the Fear Is of the Light
- An Apology to the Children...On Behalf of the Adults
- Naked Therapist - A Sign of Profound Woundedness
- Authority: What Is Your Relationship with It?
- Part I: What Are We Gonna Do With All This Hate? Live With It or Heal It?
- 'The King's Speech': A GoodTherapy.org Movie Review
- Why Do We Have to Do This Over and Over? Exploring the Roots of Prejudice
- Crying - Is It a Game? Or Is It for Real?
- If You Believe "There's No Way for Everyone to Win" … Read This!
- "Who Needs a Period?" - A Political Conflict
- Tax Day Is Coming... Why Am I Freaking Out?
- Who Helps You Define Love?
- New Year's Resolutions - Why They Don't Work; And Commitments - How They Can
- Home for the Holidays: Finding Refuge In Yourself
- Through the Darkness, Into the Light
- Every Form of Power Can be Used Well or Misused: Sexuality
- Healthcare Reform... Blinded by Fear
- Money Matters: Using Our Power to Make Our World Safe From the Inside Out
- A Unique Learning About Power
- The Face of Transformation
- Deep Change II: Healing Your Relationship with Power Can Transform Your Organization
- Deep Change: Healing Your Relationship with Power Can Transform Your Organization
- Power Abuse - Exploring the Roots of a Shocking Example
- All That Mattered Was Money!
- Benjamin Button: A GoodTherapy.org Movie Review
- Election Reflection: Did You Get What You Want, or Not? Now What?
- A Recession Regression
- Psychology of Voting: Why Do We Vote the Way We Do?
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.