The Secret Lives of Men
Presented by Chris Blazina, PhD on 12-05-2008 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
This presentation offers intervention strategies related to the complicated clinical realm of working with male psychotherapy clients. Participants gain awareness into the traditional gender socialization that many men experience and how that affects psychological well-being, attitudes towards help-seeking, and subsequent use of psychological defenses.
This web conference is based on the recently released self-help book, The secret lives of men: What men want you to know, about love, sex, and relationships. This provides a "common language" for the client and therapist to discuss more complex clinical matters that are drawn from the relational aspects of psychodynamic theory. In this seminar, the text also easily allows the discussion to deepen further to the research and theory it is based upon. Participants will learn new insights and approaches in terms of working with male clients.
If you have any questions about this web conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
Premium Membership with GoodTherapy includes access to this web conference at no cost. Not yet a Premium Member? Mental health professionals can attend this live web conference for $29.95 or access the homestudy recording for $14.95.
Meet the Presenter
Chris Blazina, PhD
Christopher is a licensed psychologist who has published over twenty-five scholarly articles about the psychology of men and masculinity and is the author of the academic text The Cultural Myth of Masculinity. He holds a doctorate degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of North Texas and has been a professor at the University of Houston and Tennessee State University. More information on Dr. Blazina and his work is available here.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.