Tapping the Energy of Authentic Strengths
Presented by Chris Trout on 10-16-2009 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
Do you find yourself, despite your best intentions, struggling to see others' (and your own) strengths in the clutter of all the weaknesses? Oh, you may be able to hold an attitude of genuine positive regard, but can you identify and help them identify the unique and enduring strengths that are at the core of each person's authentic self? And do you know what to do with them if you do see them?
Over the past 20 years, pioneers like Martin Seligman, Marcus Buckingham, and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi have helped to redefine strengths in a new way. Stated simply, strengths create energy and weaknesses drain energy. When we align our lives with the first and learn to better manage the second (not fix, manage), we have a formula for vitality, resiliency, and success.
In this 90-minute web conference, Chris Trout will share this new way of understanding strengths and offer insights into how naming and claiming these strengths can provide the fuel for extraordinary personal growth. As well, he will discuss how this new knowledge fits into the larger picture of emerging insights in human development.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This teleconference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. A recording of this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Chris Trout is an international speaker, writer, and coach focusing on the power of authentic strengths. Over the course of thirty years, he has explored these transformative ideas as an educator, music therapist, family mediator, youth development specialist, executive director, and parent. In 2003, Chris founded Strengths in Focus, with a mission to inspire and equip others to focus on the often unrecognized strengths that allow us to thrive in the face of adversity and align with our authentic selves.
Chris is author of Reflecting Strengths: Transformative Lessons from Resilient Youth, as well as a paired workbook and numerous coaching programs. His online e-zine, Strengths, reaches subscribers in 30 states and nine countries. While his work is informed by remarkable research from the fields of education, business, psychology, human development, and the innovative work of pioneers like Martin Seligman, Marcus Buckingham, and others, Chris' insights grow directly from the thousands of youth and adults who have been his teachers.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.