The Four-Piece Practice Building System for Therapists
Presented by Becky DeGrossa on 05-03-2013 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
There is an age-old, proven marketing system used by many successful businesss, but most therapists do not know about it and therefore do not reap the benefits. During this presentation, Becky DeGrossa will walk therapists through this four-piece marketing system, focusing most of the presentation on the final two steps.
The Four Pieces (a sneak preview)
Piece #1: Create a well-written marketing message.
You have probably spent a lot of time fine-tuning your website to make sure that you are compassionately reaching the people you want to reach. There is a lot of training available on this topic (Casey Truffo, Juliet Austin, CounselingWise, etc.). If you have not been trained on how to write an effective marketing message, get trained!
Piece #2: Get your message seen by potential clients.
If you are focused on growing your practice, you have probably also been working on this step. You have listed yourself on high-ranking directories, like GoodTherapy.org. You have worked on getting your Google Places listing on page one of Internet search results. You are adding content to your website (or having someone else do it for you) to attract relevant traffic. Maybe you are even guest-blogging on bigger sites like GoodTherapy.org. Good for you!
Pieces #3 and #4: Utilize a lead collection mechanism and a lead nurturing process.
Though this is a very important step in successfully marketing your practice, nearly no one does it. This is the process of collecting names and emails when someone comes to your website (or when you give a talk, etc.), and then communicating with those people on a regular basis. Are you doing this?
The reason this is important is because according to sales research, the minority of sales are made on the first through third contacts with consumers while the majority of sales are made on the fifth through twelfth contacts with the consumer.
If you are not collecting names and emails and nurturing those folks, then you can be sure that in many cases those folks will not become your clients.
This web conference is designed to help clinicians:
- Understand what the four-piece marketing system is and how it works;
- List the potential consequences of not utilizing a marketing system or plan to grow your practice;
- Identify the pieces of the system that are missing in your current marketing strategies;
- Implement marketing techniques to grow your practice.
If you have any questions about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
Event Reviews from Members
A lot of it was very useful and new to me. She presented it in a way that was not intimidating. The most useful piece is probably that there needs to be multiple contact with customer and nurturing of those leads such as an option box. - Yoshimi Enger, MS LMFT
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety. GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
Premium Membership with GoodTherapy includes access to this web conference at no cost. Not yet a Premium Member? Mental health professionals can attend this live web conference for $29.95 or access the homestudy recording for $14.95.
Meet the Presenter
Becky DeGrossa spent 20 years in the corporate arena consulting with Fortune 500 companies before leaving that world to become a therapist. With her previous professional experience as a consultant, she was shocked, initially, at how hard it was to grow her private psychotherapy practice. After flailing around for a bit, she met a supportive teacher who shared a proven marketing system with her; her practice then grew quite quickly.
Becky now works with therapists across the country helping them learn what they need to do to get more clients and expand the reach of their practice. You can learn more about Becky's work or contact her at www.CounselingWise.com
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.