Networking for Introverted Clinicians
Presented by Allison Puryear, LCSW on 03-12-2018 at 9 a.m. Pacific (noon Eastern) to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
The word "networking" can send shivers up the spines of many therapists. However, networking does not have to mean appealing to strangers at a fancy dinner party. Practice building entrepreneur, Allison Puryear, LCSW found networking has been the most effective way to fill the therapy practices she has started in three states. In this webinar, Allison will share tips and techniques for putting your professional self out there and enjoying it too.
In this 90-minute marketing webinar, Allison will explain why introverts may have more of an advantage in networking than extroverts do. She will explore how clinicians can tap into this advantage when big professional gatherings and public speaking are outside of their comfort zone. Allison will also discuss how clinicians can push out of their comfort zones and connect colleagues with their professional private practice websites, even if they are not especially tech-savvy.
This marketing webinar is designed to help clinicians:
- Explain strategies for therapists to use when reaching out to other professionals for referrals.
- Describe why therapists do not have to "sell themselves."
- Discuss why introverts may have an advantage in networking.
- Summarize what to talk about when networking with other professionals.
- Demonstrate how to be efficient with your time and energy when networking.
If you have questions about this web conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
CE credit hours will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety. This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for 1.5 CE hours. NAADAC Provider #135463, GoodTherapy.org, is responsible for all aspects of this programming. Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within legal, ethical, and professional development.
It is incumbent upon the member to verify whether or not this webinar fulfills the CE requirements for their license by the state, board, or licensing body to which they submit their CE certificate(s).
This marketing webinar is available at no cost to GoodTherapy.org members.
Meet the Presenter
Allison Puryear, LCSW
Allison Puryear is a licensed clinical social worker who is passionate about practice building. She has started successful therapy practices in three different states and found that building a thriving private practice is achievable with a good plan and effective support.
Allison offers the following resources to help private practice clinicians gain the confidence and tools they need to succeed:
- A free private practice checklist
- Weekly private practice tips
- The Abundant Practice Podcast
- A Facebook Group for clinicians
- Small group coaching in her Abundance Practice-Building Group
You can learn more about Allison and her work at her website: abundancepracticebuilding.com.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.