Mindfulness and Psychotherapy: Integrating Mind, Soul, and Neuroscience
Presented by Jerome Front, MA, LMFT on 06-25-2010 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
This experiential and didactic web conference will draw on Eastern and Western contemplative perspectives as well as the latest mind-body medicine. Topics discussed will include:
- The history and context of mindfulness in psychotherapy.
- Cultivating essential clinical qualities such as personal presence, deep listening, empathy, etc.
- The healing relationship as "Deep Practice."
- Therapist self-care and integration.
This web conference will include periods of brief silent guided meditations, as well as question and answer discussions. If you have any questions about this web conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
Premium Membership with GoodTherapy includes access to this web conference at no cost. Not yet a Premium Member? Mental health professionals can attend this live web conference for $29.95 or access the homestudy recording for $14.95.
Meet the Presenter
Jerome Front, MA, LMFT
Jerome J. Front, MA, MFT, teaches meditation and has a clinical private practice in Studio City. For the past 16 years he has developed experiential therapist trainings in mindfulness, including an annual weekend retreat at the renowned Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA. He is a year-round Adjunct Faculty member at Pepperdine, where he developed “Mindfulness & Psychotherapy,” the first full-length (non-seminar) course towards graduate degree credit.
Jerome has presented at many national clinical forums, including National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine (NICABM), International Psychotherapy Networker Conference, and the UCLA Mindfulness & Psychotherapy Conference featuring Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh. Jerome’s recent article, "A Quiet Revolution," was included in the 2009 UTNE Award to The Psychotherapy Networker for Best Writing in Health and Science Magazine Category and featured as a cover story. More mindfulness resources can be found at Jerome's website.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.