Healing Rage and the Therapist
Presented by Ruth King, MA on 07-18-2008 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
What happens to you when a client becomes enraged? How aware are you of your internalized rage and its role in your therapeutic practice? In what ways do you perpetuate the oppression of rage?
In this web conference, Ruth speaks to the unique needs of therapists and their relationship to rage. Ruth shares six disguises of rage and why we wear them, the kinship of rage and shame and its roots in childhood trauma, the shadows of rage and its wisdom, and what is required to transform the negative energies of personal rage into positive fuel.
If you have any questions about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
Premium Membership with GoodTherapy includes access to this web conference at no cost. Not yet a Premium Member? Mental health professionals can attend this live web conference for $29.95 or access the homestudy recording for $14.95.
Meet the Presenter
Ruth King, MA
Ruth King, MA, is a respected voice on transforming rage. A July 2007 O Magazine Nugget, King is President of Bridges, Branches & Braids, an organization that works with negative emotions in positive ways and author of Healing Rage - Women Making Inner Peace Possible (Penguin 2007), and the audio CD Soothing the Inner Flames of Rage - Meditations that Educate the Heart & Transform the Mind (BBB 2007). Formally on faculty with John F. Kennedy University's Graduate program in Consulting Psychology (1997-2000), King is often called upon to coach graduate students in the Coaching Certification Program. King weaves 20+ years in psychology, leadership development, shamanism, metaphysics, systems theory, meditation, and teachings from wisdom traditions, to lecture, coach, and facilitate retreats that transform the emotional body and mind. Ruth currently has a thriving individual and executive coaching practice in Berkeley, CA and offers keynote speaking and retreats throughout the world. You can find more information about Ruth King here.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.