Growing Through Grief
Presented by Ashley Davis Bush, MS, LCSW, ACSW on 06-11-2010 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
Loss, and the subsequent grieving process, is perhaps the most universal psychological experience on the planet. And yet it is still a journey that frightens and confuses many of us, both as clinicians and as grievers ourselves. In this presentation, Ashley normalizes the healthy grieving process (hint: it’s not "getting over it" or "achieving closure").
Going beyond the Elizabeth Kubler-Ross stages of death and dying, Ashley will present the theory and practice of the "transcending loss" model, a transformative paradigm for understanding grief as a lifelong practice of integration and meaning-making. Ashley will also discuss concrete interventions to help assist those grieving a loss and will demonstrate how over time, loss can be a transformational springboard for new growth.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This teleconference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
Meet the Presenter
Ashley Davis Bush, MS, LCSW, ACSW
Ashley Davis Bush (formerly Prend) is the co-founder of Transitions and Loss Counseling in Epping, New Hampshire, a business dedicated to counseling, teaching, and publishing written material to promote and enhance psycho-spiritual growth and inner peace. Ashley has been working as a psychotherapist and grief counselor for over twenty years. She broke from the traditional grief paradigm in the 1990s and published Transcending Loss, a book that approaches grief as a lifelong process of growth and transcendence. Also an actor and singer, she brings an entertaining and playful presentation style to lectures and workshops on topics ranging from grief and divorce to inner peace.
Ashley is the author of a second self-help book, Claim Your Inner Grown-up, and numerous articles including: “Divorcing Well: Bringing Buddhist Practice to Divorce Counseling,” “Loss in Later Life: Practical Suggestions,” “What to Expect in the First Year of Grief," and “The Myth of Closure.” She maintains a weekly blog called "Transitions... Where endings meet beginnings" on her website and is currently writing a book about finding inner peace.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.