Grief Intelligence: What You Need to Know
Presented by Ashley Davis Bush, LICSW on 08-22-2014 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 11 a.m. Pacific (2 p.m. Eastern)
Loss and grief are universal—both for the people we work with in therapy and for ourselves—yet we are woefully unprepared for the experience. Many myths and misunderstandings abound when it comes to grief work. This web conference will address several myths about grief as well as some of the most commonly asked questions we are likely to hear from clients.
Ashley will present seven principles of grief intelligence—truths that you need to know about the lifelong process of integrating loss into living. She will discuss how to identify our culture's tendency toward pathologizing grief and the many ways we can still feel connected to those that we have lost. She will also offer clinical examples so that you will learn concrete tools enabling you and your clients to navigate the grief terrain more confidently.
This web conference is intermediate instructional level and designed to help clinicians:
- Identify seven truths about grief;
- Discover the pathologizing tendencies in our culture;
- Reframe grief as a lifelong integration process;
- Explain three healthy ways for individuals to feel connected to the deceased.
If you have any questions or concerns about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
Event Reviews from Members
"She is SO knowledgeable about this and other topics as well. The way she explains the topics and her demeanor, it is a pleasure to listen to her." - Cristina M. Fandino
"Very well organized and composed. I could tell she cares about this topic by the ease with which she spoke and responded to questions/comments. I also loved the way she incorporated the mindfulness tools and practices into the presentation, both by providing information and involving participants in practicing mindfulness as part of the presentation and learning experience." - Mackenzie Abraham, PhD
Continuing Education (CE) Information
Two CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
Premium Membership with GoodTherapy includes access to this web conference at no cost. Not yet a Premium Member? Mental health professionals can attend this live web conference for $29.95 or access the homestudy recording for $14.95.
Meet the Presenter
Ashley Davis Bush, LICSW
Ashley Davis Bush, LICSW, works in private practice in southern New Hampshire, where she specializes in grief counseling and couples therapy. Before relocating in 1997, she worked in the community mental health field in New York City for 10 years. Ashley has been teaching and speaking throughout the United States since 1992.
Ashley is a Huffington Post blogger, the author of four books, including the bestseller Transcending Loss, and the host of the radio show “Embracing Change” on webtalkradio.net. She has a passion to inspire others to live deep, rich, and meaningful lives. Ashley considers her life with her husband Dan and their blended family to be a huge blessing in her life. For more information, resources, and all of Ashley's blog posts, please visit www.ashleydavisbush.com.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. GoodTherapy.org received APA approval in May 2011. Events after 2011 may meet APA requirements for Continuing Education credits.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.