Allison Abrams, LCSW-R
Allison Abrams, LCSW-R
|Professions: Life Coach, Psychologist, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
Billing and Insurance
See other therapists in New York City, NY.
As a licensed psychotherapist, I offer a space in which to deepen your awareness and make positive changes toward greater well-being. My approach is warm, caring and interactive. I specialize in issues ranging from depression and anxiety to women's health, relationships, career and life transitions. In addition to years of psycho-dynamic training, I'm also trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and several other modalities. Since every individual is unique, rather than using a one-size-fits all technique, I draw from my extensive training and experience to tailor the treatment to fit the individual.
As a coach, I help people define specific goals- whether in career, relationships or dating- and I help them gain the confidence to achieve those goals. In addition to my work with individuals in my private practice, I provide stress reduction and mindfulness skills training to organizations and corporations across business sectors. I am currently an associate with the NYC division of Leading Minds Executive Coaching, where we offer a team-based approach to Executive Coaching, helping employees and executives manage stress and improve communication and leadership skills.
Whether through my work as a therapist or a coach, my passion is helping people gain the confidence they need to achieve their goals. I believe that with hard work and the right guidance, everyone has the potential for success, regardless of past challenges or circumstances. I look forward to joining you on your journey toward achieving that success.
Email or Call Allison Abrams, LCSW-R at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 16279
More Info About My Practice
I am also a strong advocate for mental health awareness and de-stigmatization, which I often write about as a topic expert contributor here on Goodtherapy and in Huffington Post. I have been quoted in publications including Glamour, Redbook, Everday Health, Livestrong, HuffPo and Prevention, as a mental health and relationship expert. I am happy to offer free phone consultations.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Gaining confidence, improving self-image, dating and relationships, career challenges
My Blog Posts
- Bullying in America: How Some Are Pushing Back
- 5 Ways to Embrace Being Single for the Holidays
- Mindfulness, Not Mindlessness: Why Meditation Isn't Selfish
- Breakup to Breakthrough: The Healing Power of Heartache
- Can a Relationship Survive Major Political Differences?
- 10 Strategies for Better Mental Health in the New Year
- Are Shame and Fear Keeping You from Living Authentically?
- The Secret to Happiness: How to Create the Life You Want
- From Trauma to Triumph: Transforming Pain into Art
- How to Help Someone with Depression
- Eradicating Shame and Stigma: We Still Have Work to Do
- Forgiveness, Healing, and the Power of Compassion
- The Last Taboo: Breaking Down the Stigma of Depression
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Group Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.