Allison Abrams, LCSW-R
|Professions: Coaching, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in New York City, NY.
As a licensed psychotherapist and coach, I provide a safe space in which to deepen your awareness and make positive changes toward greater well-being. My approach is warm, caring and down to earth. I specialize in issues ranging from depression and anxiety to relationships, career and life transitions. In addition to my years of psychodynamic training, I am also trained in modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Motivational Interviewing, and Structural Family Therapy. Since every individual is unique, rather than using a one-size-fits all technique, I draw from my extensive training and experience to tailor the treatment to fit the client and the client's needs.
I am a strong advocate for mental health awareness and de-stigmatization, which I often write about as a topic expert contributor here on Goodtherapy and have been quoted in publications including Glamour, Redbook and Prevention, as a mental health and relationship expert.
Email or Call Allison Abrams, LCSW-R at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 16279
More Info About My Practice
In addition to my work with individual clients in my practice, I also offer coaching and mindfulness skills training to executives and employees in organizations across business sectors. I am an associate and mindfulness coach/specialist with Leading Minds Executive Coaching.
Please note that I accept most insurance plans as an out of network provider. To check if you have out of network benefits, call the number on your insurance card and ask for your "out of network behavioral health benefits for outpatient psychotherapy
My Blog Posts
- 5 Ways to Embrace Being Single for the Holidays
- Mindfulness, Not Mindlessness: Why Meditation Isn't Selfish
- Breakup to Breakthrough: The Healing Power of Heartache
- Can a Relationship Survive Major Political Differences?
- 10 Strategies for Better Mental Health in the New Year
- Are Shame and Fear Keeping You from Living Authentically?
- The Secret to Happiness: How to Create the Life You Want
- From Trauma to Triumph: Transforming Pain into Art
- How to Help Someone with Depression
- Eradicating Shame and Stigma: We Still Have Work to Do
- Forgiveness, Healing, and the Power of Compassion
- The Last Taboo: Breaking Down the Stigma of Depression
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Group Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.