Allison Abrams, LCSW-R
|Professions: Coaching, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in New York City, NY.
Self-Care for Women Support Group starting this fall!
Mindfulness-based group for women interested in connecting with others to promote self-care through discussion & mindfulness techniques. We will focus on cultivating holistic health & well-being, creating a space for members to share, support one another, and replenish.
This group will begin in November and will be ongoing. Days and times TBD. It will either be Mon, Wed, Fri or Sun evening on the UWS in New York. Please contact me for more info.
Email or Call Allison Abrams, LCSW-R at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 16279
More Info About My Practice
"Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear" -George Addair
As a licensed psychotherapist specializing in issues such as relationships, career, life transitions, depression and anxiety, my goal is to empower and help you develop the confidence to get what you want in life.
Having practiced meditation for over 15 years, I often incorporate mindfulness in my therapy practice with individuals and groups, as well as for organizations. I am a mindfulness coach/specialist with Leading Minds Executive Coaching, an organization that provides a combination of executive coaching and mindfulness skills to employees and organizations across business sectors.
I am a strong advocate for mental health awareness and de-stigmatization, which I often write about as a topic expert contributor for goodtherapy. I've been quoted in publications including Glamour, Redbook and Prevention, as a relationship expert and am a contributor for Yourtango and Huffington Post.
Whether through my work as a therapist or a mindfulness specialist, my passion is empowering others!Please note that I accept most insurance as an out of network provider. To check if you have out of network benefits, call the number on your insurance card and ask for your "out of network behavioral health benefits for outpatient psychotherapy"
My Blog Posts
- Mindfulness, Not Mindlessness: Why Meditation Isn't Selfish
- Breakup to Breakthrough: The Healing Power of Heartache
- Can a Relationship Survive Major Political Differences?
- 10 Strategies for Better Mental Health in the New Year
- Are Shame and Fear Keeping You from Living Authentically?
- The Secret to Happiness: How to Create the Life You Want
- From Trauma to Triumph: Transforming Pain into Art
- How to Help Someone with Depression
- Eradicating Shame and Stigma: We Still Have Work to Do
- Forgiveness, Healing, and the Power of Compassion
- The Last Taboo: Breaking Down the Stigma of Depression
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Group Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.