Publication Opportunities for Therapists of GoodTherapy.org
As a member therapist of GoodTherapy.org, you are eligible to submit articles for publication consideration on The Good Therapy Blog—a leading online resource about therapy and mental health with an audience in the millions. Articles written by our member therapists are also featured on GoodTherapy.org’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and weekly consumer-read email newsletters.
Therapist members of GoodTherapy.org who are strong writers are encouraged to apply to become Topic Experts and Dear GoodTherapy.org contributors. Serving as a Topic Expert is a great way to highlight your expertise to other therapy professionals and to promote your work and practice to potential clients.
Benefits of becoming a GoodTherapy.org Topic Expert:
- For every month in which an article you submit by your monthly deadline is accepted for publication, you will receive a free month of GoodTherapy.org membership. Solicited contributors to our popular Dear GoodTherapy.org column also qualify for free membership for any month(s) in which they submit a response to a question we pose. Every published submission will include a link to your GoodTherapy.org profile page.
- You will receive maximum exposure on GoodTherapy.org; this promotion will highlight your expertise and may drive a higher volume of traffic and potential clients to your website and practice. Here are a few of the places you and your profile information will show:
- Our Topic Experts page.
- The topic page of your area of expertise. For example, Topic Experts who specialize in depression appear on our depression page. These pages attract thousands of unique visitors each month and rank high in online searches. People who visit your topic page can easily find and read your articles, and are one click away from your GoodTherapy.org profile page and contact information.
- Our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts.
- Be featured prominently in various promotional efforts, such as our regular "Meet the Topic Experts" columns, and get quoted in daily GoodTherapy.org news articles.
- A comprehensive list of your articles will appear on your GoodTherapy.org profile page. People seeking your services can familiarize themselves with your work; research shows that published authors typically are viewed by clients as more knowledgeable and credible.
- Perhaps most importantly, by becoming a GoodTherapy.org Topic Expert you instantly become an authoritative, trusted presence affiliated with one of the most trusted brands in mental health. People seeking therapy and/or information come to GoodTherapy.org because they know they can find quality resources in line with our mission and vision. You can add a GoodTherapy.org “Topic Expert” logo to your profile and personal website, visibly demonstrating that you support ethical psychotherapy practices.
To become a GoodTherapy.org Topic Expert, log in and apply here. If you do not already have a GoodTherapy.org membership, join us today!
Other benefits of GoodTherapy.org membership include:
Not a therapist but want to write?
People who are not mental health professionals are invited to submit their mental health-related stories to our Share Your Story column—a blog series documenting the experiences of everyday people who have stories to share about emotional healing, wellness, and mental health issues.
Last Update: 2013-02-22