As part of GoodTherapy.org's mission to advocate for and support healthy, ethical,
nonpathologically based therapy practices, we uphold the highest standards of any online
directory for clinicians interested in being listed with us.
GoodTherapy.org's online therapist directory lists only the following professionals*:
- Mental health counselors
- Social workers
- Marriage and family therapists
- Nurse practitioners
To qualify for a listing in the GoodTherapy.org therapist directory, you must:
- have graduate-level academic training and a degree in psychotherapy, counseling, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- be either:
• a licensed professional**
• a prelicensed professional practicing legally under the supervision of a licensed professional**
• an unlicensed professional in a jurisdiction in which it is legal to practice counseling and/or psychotherapy without a license
- agree that the services you provide accord to the Elements of Good Therapy statement.
- pass our peer-reviewed online application process. (All applicants are reviewed within one business day.)
If you have questions or concerns about the requirements for clinicians listed in our online therapist directory, please contact us here.
* Many of our members also practice related professions such as hypnotherapy and addictions counseling, but in order to qualify for a listing in GoodTherapy.org's therapist directory, it is necessary to be a credentialed professional in at least one field listed above.
** Applicants with revoked or suspended licenses are not eligible for a listing in GoodTherapy.org's therapist directory. Applicants who currently hold active licenses but have a history of revoked or suspended license may still be eligible for membership. In these cases, applicants will be asked to provide the GoodTherapy.org review team with documentation and an explanation of the disciplinary action taken against them for further consideration.