Subscribe to GoodTherapy.org Newsletters
GoodTherapy.org is a trusted resource for information about therapy, psychology, mental health, and wellness. Each day, thousands visit GoodTherapy.org to find a therapist and to read the latest in therapy news, articles written by therapists, answers to questions by psychology experts, PsychPedia, and many other resources.
We encourage visitors to not only explore the pages on GoodTherapy.org, but also share their own experiences with mental health issues and psychotherapy. Several features enable the public to do this and receive support, feedback, and an audience, including the Share Your Story section of The Good Therapy Blog, and Dear GoodTherapy.org, where you can pose questions directly to mental health professionals.
The weekly GoodTherapy.org e-newsletter features the best of our content in an easy-to-digest, convenient format. As a subscriber to the GoodTherapy.org e-newsletter, you will get timely and reliable information about relationships, trending topics, mental health issues, parenting, and more in your inbox each week. We respect your privacy and will not share your email address with others.
GoodTherapy.org Newsletter Archive
- February 14, 2017: Valentines Day Your Way: Fall in Love with Yourself First
- February 07, 2017: 134 Activities to Add to Your Self-Care Plan
- January 31, 2017: Why Is Emotional Abuse So Difficult to Recognize?
- January 14, 2017: 10 Steps to Recovering from a Toxic Trauma Bond
- January 06, 2017: Are Memories of Your Past Trauma Coming Back to Haunt You?
- December 31, 2016: What Is Self-Regulation and Why Is It So Important?
- December 23, 2016: When Memories Hurt: Living with Loss During the Holidays
- December 17, 2016: The Least Wonderful Time of the Year?
- December 09, 2016: The Development of Self-Identity: Connect to Who You Are
- December 02, 2016: Taking Back Your Life from a Narcissistic Family Upbringing
- November 25, 2016: Understanding Attachment: How Our 'Old Stuff' Defines Us
- November 18, 2016: Surviving Thanksgiving When You Aren't Feeling Thankful
- November 11, 2016: How to Ease the Unfortunate Toll of PTSD and Mental Health Stigma on Veterans
- November 04, 2016: The Self-Care Guide to Keeping Your Life Running Smoothly
- October 28, 2016: Everyone Needs Help from Time to Time--Therapists Included
- October 21, 2016: We Need to Talk about Domestic Violence in Our Communities
- October 14, 2016: Why Does Your Therapist Care So Much About Your Past?
- October 07, 2016: What Is Self-Regulation, and Why Is It So Important?
- September 30, 2016: By Judging Others, Are You Really Judging Yourself?
- September 23, 2016: Emotional Incest: When Parents Make Their Kids Partners
- September 16, 2016: Are We Overprescribing Pills and Underprescribing Therapy?
- September 09, 2016: How to Get Back on Track When You've Lost Your Motivation
- September 02, 2016: 5 Myths about Suicide to Bust During Suicide Prevention Month
- August 26, 2016: Understanding Attachment: How Our 'Old Stuff' Defines Us
- August 19, 2016: 7 Ways Therapists Get in the Way of Therapy
- August 12, 2016: 7 Steps to Building Emotional Resilience
- August 05, 2016: 8 Sources of Depression (and 8 Possible Antidotes)
- July 29, 2016: How to Help Someone with Posttraumatic Stress (PTSD)
- July 22, 2016: 4 Ways to Give Difficult Feelings the Space They Deserve
- July 15, 2016: Reclaiming Your Voice: Saying No to Emotional Abuse
- July 08, 2016: 4 Myths About Psychotherapy You Should Know Before You Go
- July 01, 2016: The Most Important Thing You Can Say to a Sex Abuse Survivor
- June 24, 2016: Trauma and Dissociation: Beyond Your 'Window of Tolerance'
- June 17, 2016: Mourning Orlando: How to Cope and Talk to Others after Tragedy
- June 10, 2016: How to Recognize the Signs of Posttraumatic Stress (PTSD)
- June 03, 2016: Do Your Physical Symptoms Have an Emotional Explanation?
- May 27, 2016: Does Therapy for Low Self-Esteem Really Work?
- May 20, 2016: Is Depression an Illness, or Part of the Human Condition?
- May 13, 2016: When Forgiveness Has No Place in Trauma Therapy
- May 06, 2016: Goodbye Stigma, Hello Mental Health Awareness Month!
- April 29, 2016: The (Sometimes Harmful) Ways People Cope with Depression
- April 22, 2016: 4 Characteristics That Shape Your Therapists Identity
- April 15, 2016: Getting Back Up: 3 Keys to Becoming More Resilient
- April 08, 2016: Ever Wondered If Its Normal to Have Intrusive, Disturbing Thoughts?
- April 01, 2016: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- March 25, 2016: 7 Powerful Reasons You Should Stop Trying to Be 'Normal'
- March 18, 2016: What If Grief Doesnt Follow a Death?
- March 05, 2016: Practice Suicide Prevention as Seasons Change
- February 26, 2016: Understand and Avoid the Silent Torment of Overeating
- February 19, 2016: You Need Therapy, but Not for the Reasons You Might Think
- February 13, 2016: This Valentines Day, Fall in Love with Yourself First
- February 06, 2016: For Help with Depression, Anxiety, Anger, and Grief, Try Yoga
- January 29, 2016: Are Shame and Fear Keeping You from Living Authentically?
- January 23, 2016: The Problem with the Word 'Forgiveness' in Trauma Therapy
- January 16, 2016: 5 Steps to Getting the Support You Need and Deserve
- January 09, 2016: 10 Strategies for Better Mental Health in the New Year
- January 03, 2016: Simple Steps to Keeping New Year's Resolutions
- December 27, 2015: Your Values, Your Goals: Looking Back During the Holidays
- December 19, 2015: When Memories Hurt: Living with Loss During the Holidays
- December 12, 2015: Dealing with Depression: Why 'Get Over It' Doesn't Work
- December 05, 2015: Understanding Dissociation and When It Becomes Problematic
- November 28, 2015: Carry Thanksgiving Gratitude into the Rest of the Season
- November 21, 2015: A Survival Guide for Caregivers with Depression and Anxiety
- November 14, 2015: Your Therapist Is Not Your Friend
- November 07, 2015: Interrupted Sleep May Be Worse Than Sleep Deprivation
- October 30, 2015: 8 Mindful Ways to Deal with Your Unpleasant Feelings
- October 23, 2015: Big T and Little t Trauma and How Your Body Reacts to It
- October 16, 2015: 7 Highly Effective Habits Happy People Practice Daily
- October 02, 2015: What "Inside Out" Can Teach About Trauma
- September 25, 2015: 11 Ways to Arm Yourself Against SAD
- September 18, 2015: 14 Telltale Signs You Have Crossed Into an Emotional Affair
- September 11, 2015: Honoring World Suicide Prevention Month
- September 04, 2015: Trauma: a Seed of Depression
- August 28, 2015: Affair Recovery: 5 Steps to Repairing Your Relationship
- August 21, 2015: What If Your Emotions Are In Fact Perfectly Rational?
- August 14, 2015: Understanding and Treating Bipolar: 7 Myths and Realities
- August 07, 2015: Cutting and Self-Harm: Cry for Attention or Something More?
- July 31, 2015: 5 Things You Should Know about Non-Suicidal Self-Injury
- July 17, 2015: Why Simply Being There Matters So Much
- July 10, 2015: When Your Partners Opposites Arent So Attractive Anymore
- July 03, 2015: Is the Opposite of What You Want Precisely What You Need?
- June 26, 2015: How Anxiety Destroys Relationships (and How to Stop It)
- June 19, 2015: 134 Activities to Add to Your Self-Care Plan
- June 12, 2015: The Wonders of Optimism: Thinking Your Way Back to OK
- June 05, 2015: How to Deal with the Bully Inside Your Head
- May 29, 2015: The Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions About Depression
- May 22, 2015: How to Stop Your Spinning Mind
- May 15, 2015: 30 Days to a More Intimate Relationship
- May 08, 2015: Feelings: Better to Sit with Them Than to Run From Them
- May 01, 2015: Are We Overprescribing Pills and Underprescribing Therapy?
- April 24, 2015: Balancing Codependent Tendencies: Improving Relationships through Self-Care
- April 17, 2015: Do You Feel Stuck?
- April 10, 2015: 20 Cognitive Distortions and How They Affect Your Life
- April 03, 2015: Why Mindfulness Alone Isnt Enough for Growth
- March 27, 2015: Parenting While Depressed: 10 Things to Remember
- March 20, 2015: 8 Psychological Tips for Being More Confident
- March 13, 2015: 5 Ways to Improve Your Mental Health and Increase Happiness
- March 06, 2015: Find More Energy: Reduce the Busyness in Your Mind
- February 27, 2015: 5 Tips for Helping a Depressed Friend or Loved One
- February 20, 2015: The Dirty Secret of Emotional Abuse
- February 13, 2015: Singles Guide to a Happy Valentines Day
- February 06, 2015: 'Self' and Spirituality: An Opportunity to Go Beyond
- January 30, 2015: 4 Big Ways We Can Change Mental Health Care in America
- January 23, 2015: Gaslighting: A Slow-Burning Emotional Abuse Tactic
- January 16, 2015: Accentuate the Positive: A Guide to Increasing Self-Esteem
- January 09, 2015: Why You Should Wait a Month to Make Your Resolutions
- December 26, 2014: How to Overcome Fear of Rejection
- December 19, 2014: The Dos and Don'ts of Narcissism: Do You Fit the Profile?
- December 12, 2014: Surviving the Holidays Amid the Narcissism of a Family Member
- December 05, 2014: Breaking Bad Moods: 15 Tips for Shaking the Funk You're In
- November 26, 2014: 10 Tips for Beating the Holiday Blues
- November 21, 2014: 5 Undervalued Essentials for a Thriving Relationship
- November 14, 2014: Why We Worry: A Double-Edged Sword
- November 07, 2014: 5 Reasons You Hate Your Partner
- October 31, 2014: What is Therapy?
- October 24, 2014: Charting a Course for Better Managing Your Anxiety
- October 17, 2014: The Stages of a Relationship (and the Purposes They Serve)
- October 10, 2014: Unreality Check: Cognitive Dissonance in Narcissistic Abuse
- October 03, 2014: Is It Introversion or Social Anxiety?
- September 26, 2014: Does Your Mood Change with the Seasons?
- September 25, 2014: Sustaining Compassion: Put the Oxygen Mask on Yourself First!
- September 19, 2014: 5 Steps to Getting Over a Breakup
- September 12, 2014: Why Do Abuse Victims Stay with Their Abusers?
- September 05, 2014: How to Fix a Relationship in 5 Steps
- August 29, 2014: Narcissism: Inside the Lonely, Envious World of the 'Perfect Ones'
- August 22, 2014: How to Deal with Anger: 10 Tips
- August 15, 2014: What It's Like Inside a Depressed Person's Head
- August 08, 2014: Friend Divorce: 6 Important Tips for Ending a Friendship
- August 01, 2014: 6 Things Not to Say to Someone Who Has Depression
- July 25, 2014: Got 99 Problems? Youve Got 4 Possible Solutions
- July 18, 2014: 3 Easy Ways to Improve Self-Image and Boost Self-Esteem
- July 11, 2014: Remedies for Anxiety That Dont Require Medication
- July 05, 2014: The Owners Manual You Were Born With
- May 30, 2014: Five Steps to Reviving Sexless and Sex-Starved Marriages
- May 23, 2014: Not Necessarily Narcissism: Self-Love for Building Confidence
- May 16, 2014: Are You Codependent?
- May 09, 2014: Five Examples of Bad Therapy in Your Favorite TV Shows
- May 03, 2014: Join Us in Supporting Mental Health Awareness Month
- April 26, 2014: Five Ways to Instantly Boost Self-Esteem
- April 18, 2014: Should We Require Prospective Parents to Be Licensed?
- April 11, 2014: How Being a Pleaser May Increase Your Risk of Infidelity
- April 04, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Keys to Dating without Getting Hurt and the Anger Management Myth
- March 28, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Rewriting Self-Doubt and Apologies that Heal
- March 22, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Six Steps to Creating More Joy in Your Life
- March 16, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - How Do I Choose the Right Therapist for Me?
- March 08, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Six Ways to Boost Intimacy and Get the Love You Want
- March 01, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Hooking Up, Improving Your Parenting, and Building a Better Brain
- February 22, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Your Worst Habit and the Thinker/Feeler Struggle
- February 15, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Finding Purpose in Pain
- February 08, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Secrets to Seahawk Success and a Sinking Marital Ship
- February 01, 2014: Disorder Diagnosis: Helpful or Harmful?
- January 25, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Friends with Benefits, Anxiety, and Chronic Illness
- January 18, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Motherhood, Money, and Yoga Philosophy
- January 11, 2014: The Week in GoodTherapy - Phytotherapy, Smartphones, and Healing Conflict
- December 31, 2013: Twelve Insights to Take into the New Year
- December 20, 2013: Taking in the Good: Unlocking the Negativity Bias
- December 14, 2013: Three Reasons to Leave: Abuse, Addiction, and Affairs
- December 06, 2013: Help Others to Help Yourself at the Holidays
- November 27, 2013: Thanksgiving Wishes from GoodTherapy.org
- November 22, 2013: Tis the Season to Be ... Stressed?
- November 15, 2013: Busting Therapy Myths: Stigma, Shame, and ... Dr. Phil?
- November 08, 2013: Alzheimers Disease Awareness Month
- November 01, 2013: November Blues: Fighting Emotionally Based Depression
- October 25, 2013: 30-Day Challenge to Enrich Intimacy in Your Relationship
- October 18, 2013: October is National Bullying Prevention Month!
- October 11, 2013: Beyond Existence: Learning to Live Again
- October 04, 2013: Four Ways to Help Domestic Violence Survivors Without Opening Your Wallet
- August 30, 2013: The Last Taboo: Breaking Down the Stigma of Depression
- August 23, 2013: When Life Isnt Working: Ways to Manage Your Worry
- August 16, 2013: Your Back-to-School Guide
- August 08, 2013: Developing an Emotional First Aid Kit
- August 01, 2013: The Top 5 Reasons a Partner Leaves (and How to Cope)
- July 25, 2013: Giving Parenting the Royal Treatment
- July 19, 2013: 5 Ways to Bring the Spark Back to Your Relationship
- July 12, 2013: Are Social Media Bad for Mental Health?
- July 05, 2013: 5 Lies Clients Learn from the Media About Therapy
- June 28, 2013: The Art of Letting Go
Mental health professionals who meet our membership requirements can take advantage of benefits such as:
- Client referrals
- Continuing education credits
- Publication and media opportunities
- Marketing resources and webinars
- Special discounts