My Approach to Helping
I commend you for taking the first step to a happier life!
Rest assured you will get trustworthy, private, and effective help with Alison at AK Counseling, Inc.
My clients have an open mind and willingness to try new things.
They want to take an honest look at themselves and learn to:
* navigate difficult life events with more confidence and ease
* effectively cope with depression, anxiety, irritability, anger, etc.
* overcome personal and|or professional relationship challenges
* beat co-dependent tendencies and low self-esteem
* resolve, prevent, and effectively manage partner conflict
* explore life direction to gain a sense of purpose
Along with individual therapy and coaching, I help couples build partnership synergy & learn to sustain closeness, trust, commitment, and romantic love, without time- and energy-intensive commitments.
[i.e. genuinely like one another, connected & cordial co-parenting, simple & effective communication, skilled & quick conflict resolution, desire for intimacy, etc.]
Alternatively, I can help you amicably dissolve the relationship.
Make your changes focused and efficient with Alison’s support.
Let's talk about your goals (known & unknown) and the path to get you there!
I look forward to meeting you!
More Info About My Practice
Sincere understanding, acceptance, and collaboration are hallmarks of my therapeutic approach.
I provide you with down-to-earth, professional, unbiased support so you can resolve mental and emotional discomfort.
Therapy is an opportunity to gain confidence in yourself, your relationships, and your future.
You will find I am non-judgmental, easy to talk to and trust, and my commitment to your progress is exceptional.
I look forward to hearing from you!
* Payment is due at the time of service via cash, check, Visa, MC, AmEx, or Discover. Optional: request a receipt for Out-of-Network insurance processing
* Videoconferencing sessions available via Zoom
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Personal, Professional, & Romantic Relationships
Pre-Marital | Marriage
Non-monogamous relationships [e.g. poly, swing]
Self Discovery & Development
Depression | Anxiety
How Psychotherapy Can Help
* Therapy is beneficial for EVERYONE regardless of the magnitude of your challenges.
* You don't need to endure life's challenges alone; professional help expands your skill set exponentially and can speed your discovery or healing time.
* I provide the support you need to gain direction, discover answers, heal, and feel good about the choices you make and the life you live.
* Your therapy space is my inviting office. Get out of stagnation. Safely share and learn to use your experiences for personal growth and freedom.