Tracey Hefter, Ph.D.
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Psychologist|
I'm a licensed professional.
Psychologist - Psy20468
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I am a clinical psychologist located in Manhattan Beach, where I have practiced for several years. My work with people is based on a core belief that new relationships have the ability to profoundly change and improve peoples? lives. I view my role as an active participant and strive to create a safe and supportive place in which together we can explore and try to understand whatever is making life difficult. This insight and clarity often leads people to experience an expansion of choices and more satisfying ways of being and relating. Please feel free to explore my Web site and don?t hesitate to call with any questions.
or Call Tracey Hefter, Ph.D. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 02958
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
How do I know if I need therapy?
All kinds of concerns and issues can be good reasons to go to therapy. You might feel sad, or too often lonely, or have frequent attacks of low self-esteem, or not be in good enough control of yourself, or be helplessly at the mercy of your feelings about a relationship, etc. Whatever your situation is you have probably tried to correct it many times, and not been able to, adding to your sense of futility or self-blame. When feelings or thoughts cannot be understood and used productively as signals, but instead lead you into destructive action, even inaction or inept action, then seeking therapy makes sense.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
I practice in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach in the South Bay and specialize in working with adults and couples with anxiety, depression, low self esteem, and relationship issues. Many years of experience and training enables me to help clients create a safe place that fosters exploration and hope. In this context of safety and support it is possible to slowly look together at issues and identify disruptive patterns that may have previously seemed overwhelming or scary. This insight and clarity often leads people to experience an expansion of choices and more satisfying ways of being and relating.
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Fertility Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Depth Therapy
- Depth-Oriented Brief Therapy
- Family Constellations
- Family Systems Therapy
- Integration of different therapy models
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Object Relations
- Parent Work
- Psychoanalysis / Modern Psychoanalysis
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Self Psychology
- Systems Theory /Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.