My Approach to Helping
Here is what you can expect from me:
1. A nonjudgmental and compassionate space to explore personal choices and determine areas to improve.
2. Better skills to improve emotional communication and self expression.
3. Behavioral strategies to improve your relationships with family, friends, and romantic partners.
4. Plenty of humor to lift us up especially when things are bleak.
5. Help with substance abuse, panic attacks, negative self talk, chronic stress, and unexpected aggression in relationships.
More Info About My Practice
I’ve trained with lots of remarkable psychologists and gifted spiritual healers during my lifetime. I believe that the best therapists have done lots of their own personal work. I work primarily as a trauma therapist. I love my work, and I really enjoy working with clients and helping them find relief. Out of all the tools that I work with, EMDR is the most effective. We'll begin with some psycho-education around trauma and how it works. The better the client is educated around the treatment, the more effective EMDR becomes when we start processing painful affect. Once I've got a good history and we've developed rapport, then we'll work on resourcing and systematically target each specific trauma individually. Here are some good resources about trauma to consider reading: "Getting Past Your Past" by Francine Shapiro (EMDR guru) "The Body Keeps Score" by Bessel Van der Kolk "Trauma is Really Strange" by Steve Haines & Sophie Standing
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I've been in private practice for over 15 years, and during that time, I have worked with countless couples, revitalizing their relationships. It's been said that the best couples therapy transforms a passionate marriage into a compassionate marriage. Initial desire and lust can fade quickly. My work with couples focuses on compassion - compassion for your partner and compassion for yourself. I offer a 30-minute free consult to see if I would be a good for as your couples therapist. Give me a try. You'll be happy that you took the chance. Talk soon!