My Approach to Helping
• Compassionate and professional advocate for each individual’s needs
• Practical. emphatic, goal-oriented approach to counseling.
• Provide a safe, encouraging, respectful environment
• Assist clients in learning practical skills for gaining new insights and practical skills for maintaining emotional wellness.
• Collaborative therapy tailored to best fit the needs and desires of each person.
At 56 years old I have plenty of experience to draw from…
• Early years spent in corporate America
• Experienced the pain of divorce; survived and grew through the experience
• Returned to school later in life to obtain my Masters in Psychology (It's never too late to pursue your passion!)
• Remarried (happily!) and blended our families; going on 12 years together
• Raised three great kids; Made it through the teen years!
• Supported family members with issues of Anxiety, Depression and Addiction.
• Suffered and grieved the loss of loved ones
Through it all, I never lost faith. I grieved at times, picked myself up, studied, learned, and grew from each experience. I have a genuine belief that every person matters and is worthy of love and acceptance, no matter race, sexual orientation, economic or other circumstance. There is a child within each and every person, someone that yearns to be accepted, loved, validated and understood. It is with this mindset that helps me connect with others. I look forward to meeting you!