My Approach to Helping
I am here to help with anxiety, depression, trauma and PTSD, relationship issues, life transitions and more. Through respect, understanding, honesty and a touch of humor, therapy becomes a safe place to ease distress and accomplish goals. As we work together, therapy can help with easing symptoms, healing and recovery, improving life satisfaction, relationships and well being. I incorporate the wisdom and tools from various psychotherapy approaches. Some clients choose to include the calming effects of mindfulness or meditation as part of therapy.
As a Psychotherapist, I
- Listen for what you say, feel and mean, seeking to understand what life is like for you and what kind of life you desire.
- Ask what you feel and believe about yourself and the world.
- Help you connect with your internal and external resources for coping and change.
- Consider how patterns and habits may be helping or keeping you stuck.
- Provide information, feedback and guidance.
- Help with coping, recovery and healing from life's most challenging and painful experiences.
- Help you pursue your meaningful goals.
- Plan with you ways to support your progress in between sessions and help positive changes last.
- Look toward your creating more meaningful ways to approach daily life, relationships, health and emotional well being.
I offer Psychotherapy and Teletherapy for adults and teens (16 and older) and Couples Therapy. Treatment is available in person, online or combined.