My Approach to Helping
I bring a whole lot of warmth, curiosity, and openness to my work with individuals, couples, and others in relationship.
I am guided by a firm belief that attuned relationships hold transformative power for connecting to the fullness of our experiences. They are a resource for tapping into the wisdom, pain, and longings that each of us carry.
I ground my practice in a commitment to prioritize the voice, collaboration and agency of those I work with. I am also attentive to the many ways that structural power, social systems, and past and present relationships can impact our lives and the shape of our struggles. Above all, I listen closely and centre what each person identifies as relevant to them, where they are, and where they wish to go.
Some of the areas where I have experience and may be able to offer support in navigating include:
- relationships with partners, peers, family and others
- gender, sexuality, and other facets of identity and practice
- sexual and reproductive health
- chronic pain, disability, madness, and neurodiversity
- feeling states of anxiety, restlessness, hopelessness, depression, sadness and grief
- life transitions and daily living
- gender-based and sexual violence
- power dynamics and harm
- unwanted substance use
- health-care, housing and other social systems
My approach is informed by anti-oppressive, harm reduction, anti-racist, and mad values. The care I offer is sex and kink positive and affirming of queer and trans identities and non-normative relationship structures.