Hal Abbott, LMHC
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Mental Health Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Counselor|
I'm a licensed professional.
LMHC - LH00007696
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
My therapy style in working with all people is grounded in humanistic and transpersonal psychology. I view individuals from a relationship perspective and hold the relationship between client and therapist as the central catalyst for personal change and transformation. I also incorporate other disciplines and modalities into my work such as: couples and family therapy, eclectic spirituality and mindfulness based cognitive therapy, depth psychotherapy and short term life coaching. When working with couples, I use an intimacy based developmental model emphasizing; trust, partnership, differentiation and integration to help them achieve a more functional and fulfilling relationship. I also help couples effectively confront their problems while simultaneously strengthening their attachment and partnership. I help couples communicate with transparency and directness in order to experience greater intimacy and satisfaction in their sexual and emotional connection. People learn how to contain their own anxiety and maintain a clearer sense of self by asserting their personal boundaries and desires.
When working with children and families I help people understand their underlying emotional wounds and needs that are likely to be at the core of tension, distress and conflict. I work individually with children or conjointly with parents and/or all immediate family members. I may incorporate play therapy into my sessions with young children to help them express their feelings and understand their personal or family conflicts. I help parents to understand the developmental needs of their children and to integrate their different skills and values into a cohesive approach to parenting and family development.
I have over 30 years of experience as a psychotherapist and mental health counselor. It has been my life calling, to help people discover their true self and unique gifts, in order to bring themselves forward into the world in a satisfying and meaningful way. I see life's problems and difficulties also as opportunities for deep learning and personal growth and I feel fortunate to have had a career offering my self, in personal service to others as they walk the path of life.
or Call Hal Abbott, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00670
- Clinical Supervision
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Trust Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Depth Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Humanistic Psychology (humanism)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Person-Centered Therapy (Rogerian Therapy)
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.