Dana Fogel-Stark, LMFT
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist|
I'm a licensed professional.
LMFT - MFT39754
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
As a Marriage & Family Therapist, my clinical area of expertise is the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders, couple/relational issues, and problems related to self-image. It is my belief that by entering psychotherapy, one is opening the door for change towards personal growth and fulfillment. Therapy is a collaborative process and treatment goals are reviewed throughout the course of treatment. Goals are usually aimed at reducing undesired problems and symptoms while aimed at increasing insight and emotional intelligence. Psychotherapy consists of learning more adaptive coping skills, enhancing communication and improving emotional well being.
My theoretical orientation is eclectic, using both cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic intervention to assist my clients in overcoming their emotional struggles. Psychoanalytic interventions assist clients in gaining awareness regarding unconscious aspects of the self and interpersonal patterns of interaction in personal relationships. CBT provides clients with more adaptive coping skills.
Additionally, I have had significant experience working with children and adolescents experiencing emotional problems. I have worked extensively with parents and families on parenting education, behavioral interventions and symptom management. My clinical approach has assisted children, individuals and families to treat, restore and improve their potential for health and success.
or Call Dana Fogel-Stark, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 02142
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My expertise is working with individuals who suffer from panic attacks, anxiety, preoccupation with fears and obsessions, somatic complaints that appear to be anxiety based. I provide clients with tools to manage anxiety and panic so that they feel a sense of control over how they feel. I assist clients in being able to self soothe and manage their anxiety so that they feel in control over their feelings rather than the feeling controlling them.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Fertility Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Physical Abuse
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Anger Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Object Relations
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.