Angie Moates, MA, LMHC
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Mental Health Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Life Coach|
I'm a licensed professional.
Mental Health Counselor - MH8157
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
It is my belief that we each know, consciously and unconsciously, what we need in order to move toward more positive growth and change in our lives. It is my role, as a counselor and life coach, to provide a safe, confidential, and goal oriented environment in which to help facilitate and process such growth. Often we do not understand the factors influencing and hindering our progress. A skilled clinician can help educate and motivate clients toward the change they seek.
or Call Angie Moates, MA, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 11264
More Info About My Practice
It is also my belief that one of the most important factors necessary when choosing your therapist is whether or not that person makes you feel comfortable, focused, and motivated toward positive change and growth. In other words, it's all about the relationship with your counselor, which includes their skill level and your belief in their ability to help you. Of course, one must also consider the financial aspect when making a commitment toward better mental health. This is why I provide a sliding scale fee option, as well as the option to pursue out of network insurance benefits where possible.
My Therapy Focus
As a licensed counselor, I am honored to provide a service to people who have decided to make the courageous choice to look more closely at their lives in order to discover the conscious and unconscious factors influencing their decisions, including how they are coping with major life issues. Such life issues are common for us all and include personal challenges such as grief and loss, relationship issues, past trauma issues, symptoms of depression and/or anxiety, and any major life change, positive or negative, which brings stress into our lives.
The focus of my therapy work is to provide a safe and confidential environment for the client to process their issues with a skilled professional who is able to synthesize the information about their lives and provide expert feedback in a very personalized manner in order to help facilitate the most effective path to positive growth and change. It is important for the client to feel empowered and validated about their progress, as well as to expect the professional to provide honest feedback and necessary information and "tools" for coping with new and continued positive growth. The client should see a consistent benefit for the therapeutic relationship, until such time that change has been fully integrated and personal goals have been met.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
I have extensive experience working with adult survivors of child sexual abuse, emotional and mental abuse, physical abuse and neglect. With this expertise, I am able to also help couples managing trauma symptoms in one or both partners due to unresolved issues from past trauma.
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Physical Abuse
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Energy Psychology
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Humanistic Psychology (humanism)
- Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT)
- Integration of different therapy models
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Person-Centered Therapy (Rogerian Therapy)
- Play Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.