My Approach to Helping
Life could be thought of as a journey with many challenges, twists, turns, and peak experiences. Therapy is a personal investment we make in ourself. It can be a part of our life journey where we get to know ourself, understand ourself and others, and find the true meaning and purpose of ourlife. It can afford a person an opportunity to outgrow insecurities, discover his or her strengths, and become the best person you can possibly be and have satisfying relationship.
Olga WIngood, MFT
More Info About My Practice
Accept cash, check, or credit card for payment
Convenient location and free parking
Olga Wingood, MFT
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
A partial list of relationship issues includes:
- Excessive arguing.
- Physical abuse.
- Lack of intimacy.
- Unsatisfactory sexual relations.
- Parenting conflicts.
- Extramarital affairs.
- Problems with in-laws and relatives.
- Sad or empty mood most of the day.
- Loss of interest in most activities.
- Significant weight gain or weight loss without dieting.
- Inability to sleep well or sleeping too much.
- Feeling restless or feeling slowed down.
- Loss of energy, fatigue.
- Feeling worthless or excessive guilt.
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
- Lack of ability to concentrate or think clearly.
Weight Loss and Eating Disorders:
- Have you tried several diets only to be left overweight?
- Have you taken fat burner approaches that take a toll on your body only to end up the same or worse?
- Have you tried diet pills that helped for temporary weight loss only to leave you in bad moods?
- Have you tried risky liposuction?
- Are you tired of trying to lose weight over and over only to end up heavier?
Behaviors associated with sexual addiction include:
* Compulsive masturbation (self-stimulation),
* Multiple affairs (extra-marital affairs),
* Multiple or anonymous sexual partners and/or one-night stands,
* Consistent use of pornography,
* Unsafe sex,
* Phone or computer sex (cybersex),
* Prostitution or use of prostitutes,
* Obsessive dating through personal ads,
What I Love about Being a Psychotherapist
No one deserves to be unhappy. I enjoy helping people to find their internal peace and have balanced life. I am glad I am able to give back to the community. Most of people who come into counseling are hopeless and not able to see an answer at the time, but research finds that the majority of participants find resolutions. Emotional distress often leads to hopeless thinking. People tend to see things quite differently when their happiness is restored. Just because someone may not believe in counseling can help, does not mean it is factually accurate. Recent genetic researchers have found that genes are subject to being turned on or off my appropriate interpersonal influence. Proper counseling can potentially change the expression of genes. Therefore, most forms of emotional distress can be impacted by modern counseling processes. Recent genetic researchers have found that genes are subject to being turned on or off my appropriate interpersonal influence. Proper counseling can potentially change the expression of genes. Therefore, most forms of emotional distress can be impacted by modern counseling processes. While medications can reduce symptoms for some people, pills do not teach you how to learn from your mistakes, how to regulate your emotions better or how to resolve distress without creating a dependency on the remedy. Counseling can help people to find and use your own inner resources to resolve problems with or without drug supplementation.