Nichomi Higgins, LMFT
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist|
I'm a licensed professional.
LMFT - 100789
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Free Initial Consultation
Hello, my name is Nichomi and I am a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and the founder of Sol Centered Therapy, a private practice dedicated to providing culturally sensitive and compassionate therapy. My therapeutic approach is integrative and strength-based. By adhering to this style, I am able to utilize evidence-based interventions, while considering the unique needs of every individual or family that I work with. The result: therapy that provides practical coping and communication skills and increased insight that influences healing, growth, and change. My goal is simply to offer a space in which trust and safety can be fostered. As you journey to realizing your soul's ability to heal and grow, it is my hope that my expertise and empathy can be used as a resource on the journey.
or Call Nichomi Higgins, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 45994
More Info About My Practice
In addition to providing psychotherapy services in my private office space, I am also able to provide these services virtually using a confidential video conferencing platform. Virtual services are most ideal for the following individuals:
- Is your time limited due to balancing work, school, and/or raising a family?
- Are you a college student who wants to work with the same therapist consistently?
- Do you live in a rural area where the nearest therapist is quite a distance away?
- Have you struggled to connect with other therapists and you're interested in options outside of your community?
- Are you unable to secure transportation to and from sessions?
- Do you have a physical or mental health condition that prevents you from physically going to sessions?
- Are you tired of battling the traffic?
What I Love about Being a Psychotherapist
I strongly believe that life's difficulties are opportunities for transformative experiences. But first, we have to be open to the idea that some of the conclusions that we have drawn about ourselves are in fact beginnings to who we can become. This belief is the renewable source of my passion as a therapist.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
Growing up, therapy was a service that I struggled to engage. Whether it be my own fear of vulnerability, limited finances or constant self-criticism, I couldn't understand how speaking with a therapist could help me make sense of my depression and low self-worth. Fortunately, and eventually, I learned that the compassionate and objective support of a helping professional was just what I needed to establish hope, clarity, and direction.
- Creative Arts Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Premarital Counseling
Individuals seeking recovery from an Eating Disorder, Young Adult Issues, Adolescent Issues, Grief & Loss, Victims of traumatizing events
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Body Image
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Immigration issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Religious Issues
- School issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Teen violence/dating violence
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.