My Approach to Helping
I work with individuals who are struggling to cope with distress, manage difficult emotions, and build harmonious relationships with family and friends.
I help those who are:
• Feeling irritable, down, depressed, or hopeless
• Feeling anxious, on edge, or constantly worrying
• Experiencing school or work stress
• Having trouble focusing or getting homework or other tasks done
• Having difficulty sleeping
• Struggling to communicate without escalation or shutting down
• Feeling out of control or irrational at times
• Engaging in drinking, using substances, cutting, running away, or other risky behaviors
• Wondering “now what?” after finishing high school or college
• Questioning their sexuality or experiencing distress related to sexual identity
• Seeking new ways of coping
• Have parents or loved ones who are frustrated and want to be supportive
I foster a safe and non-judgmental atmosphere to help individuals explore their feelings and initiate change. I use collaboration and encouragement to help clients gain new skills and insights to work towards their goals and improve their wellbeing.