My Approach to Helping
Receive the personalized and quality care you deserve. I offer options and practical solutions. I am a counselor and an advocate for you. Everyone experiences stressors at some point in their life. Do not let these stressors ruin your life, destroy relationships with loved ones or interfere with dreams and goals. YOU and only you have the power to impact your future. It starts with the here and now. You have taken the first step in that journey. Now, take the next one to cement your future. Feel free to give me a call or send an email.
My Role as a Therapist
I am your therapist, coach, cheerleader and advocate. I am a good listener, compassionate, supportive and understanding. I also can challenge, push and drive you. My goal is to help you to reach your goal, while evaluating it from all angles.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
1) Consider your goals for attending therapy
2) Type of therapist - age range, qualities or characteristics (e.g. good listener, culturally competent, not uncomfortable with confrontation or challenging, transparency, nurturer, direct, straight-forward, someone who uses mindfulness techniques, etc.)
3) The type of provider (LCSW, psychologist, psychiatrist, LPC, LMFT) All of these credentials have very different training and schooling
4) Are there any specific areas of expertise that you require assistance with (ask the provider about their comfort and experience in that area)
5) Theoretical approaches - Look up approaches prior to shopping around
6) Ask questions about office procedures. Cancellation and crisis management policies are important. Also, the use of technology in their practice.
These are just a few things to consider.
My View on the Nature of 'Disorders'
Disorders or diagnoses help me as a practitioner to better help you. However, they are subjective and not the end all be all. All of my clients are human beings that I treat with dignity and respect. One of my main goals is getting to know you. You are not your disorder or diagnosis.