My Approach to Helping
Most personal struggles and relationship issues result from problems with the relationship with the self, which are rooted in relational injury experienced earlier in life. Therapy involves a dual process of understanding and healing the wounds we have experienced; and focusing attention on healing the relationship with the self. There are 5 core problems, listed below, within the relationship with the self (Pia Melody) that lead to the development of secondary issues such as depression, anxiety, and addiction. Learning how to identify where we are off in our relationship with ourselves helps us to improve self-esteem; have healthy, fulfilling relationships; and take charge of the areas of our lives that feel unmanageable.
* Problems with experiencing appropriate levels of self-esteem
* Problems with vulnerability and protection
* Problems with perfection / self-loathing
* Problems with self-care and dependency
* Difficulty with moderation