My Approach to Helping
Living outside the heteronormative binary, gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and gender-nonconforming individuals often face unique challenges and discrimination.
* Are you questioning your gender identity?
* Are you exploring your sexual identity?
* Do you fear telling your family and friends about your sexual or gender identity?
* Are you struggling to tell your friends or family about your HIV status?
* Do you notice increased shame, loneliness, and worry?
* Are you considering starting PREP, recently diagnosed with HIV, or a long term HIVAIDS survivor?
Over the last 15 years, I’ve worked in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer (LGBTQ) communities both as a therapist and as an advocate. If you identify outside of heteronormativity, it is invaluable to work with a therapist who grasps and affirms the breadth of gender and sexual identities. As an LGBTQ-affirmative therapist, I have the honor of sitting with people as they navigate the layers of gender, sexuality, culture, and race that shape their everyday experiences. I believe no matter how challenging or difficult life can be, you can feel better.