My Approach to Helping
My approach begins with the idea that no matter what you've been through or are going through, feeling better and more empowered begins with a measure of friendliness towards the person you are right now. The support I offer in this area is not about vague, superficial affirmations. It is about honoring actual beauty, strengths, and resources that can become the foundation of moving beyond whatever challenges you are facing.
Beyond this basic orientation of gentleness, I bring a mindfulness-based and somatic perspective to therapy. This means that in addition to talking about what's going on in your life, we can take advantage of some really outstanding awareness and body-oriented techniques and skills. Incorporating a mind-body, mindfulness-based perspective in therapy is like "pulling out all the stops" -- leveraging all available tools in order to move forward in a much better direction.
If you identify with any of these statements, we may be a great fit:
* You recognize that stress, anxiety or depression is impacting your health or holding you back
* Others have great things to say about you, but you still have trouble feeling good about yourself
* You feel stuck or confused about what you want, which leads to frustration
* You are much harder on yourself than you are on others
* You have a habit of falling into self-defeating, self-critical patterns
* You are tired of trying the same things to feel better