My Approach to Helping
I am a holistic psychotherapist with a body-centered approach to healing and transforming the effects of life's challenges. For over 25 years. I've continued to be amazed by the strong yearning we humans have to heal, grow and transform.
I offer psychotherapy to individuals and couples who want to open, heal and free themselves of attitudes, misconceptions and habits that bind, confine and diminish their capacity for happiness, contentment and peace. My approach helps patients to increase self-confidence, improve concentration, increase motivation and learn to communicate effectively with others. The result is they feel better!
I'm warm, easy to talk to and create a safe atmosphere where feelings can be expressed and healing becomes possible. I have a dynamic, contemplative approach that integrates yoga psychology, meditation philosophy & mindfulness.
When we reframe our understanding of the nature of what we are experiencing, it changes everything.
More Info About My Practice
Holistic psychotherapy in my practice:
* is a guided process of inner exploration, that strengthens emotional health, enhances healing and personal transformation.
* provides a context for one's personal journey, cultivating deep listening, tapping into one's inner wisdom, abundance & peace.
* offers a practical way to live in the present and understand the impact of the past while still feeling fully alive today
* teaches patients practical strategies and life-enhancing techniques for managing stress, anxiety & frustration in the real world
* session structure can vary and consist of open-ended discussions, guided talks, or focused conversations on a specific problem.
* Discussions on family dynamics, relationships issues, recovery from trauma and abuse, conscious communication, assertive
behaviors and finding inner balance and peace. I also specialize in helping cope with stresses at school and on the job.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in helping people who have a spiritual orientation to become able to see beyond the obvious and become able to connect with the more subtle levels of our experience, in a way that often feels deeper than words.
I especially resonate with those who do yoga, meditation or some other contemplative practice as my way of viewing our life's journey is borne directly out of my knowledge of these disciplines and personally witnessing the power and positive impact that they have had on many of my students and clients over the years.