My Approach to Helping
I am a holistic psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker in practice for the past 28 years and a Professional Level Kripalu Yoga Teacher for the past 16. I am amazed by the strong yearning that we human beings have to heal, grow and transform!
How we think, feel and act is borne out of our beliefs and expectations.
When our search to understand who we are and why we are here, comes from a belief in our intrinsic wholeness, the work in therapy becomes an exciting journey to discover our own inner wisdom and then learn to live by the guidance that it offers.
More Info About My Practice
Holistic psychotherapy in my practice:
* is a guided process of inner exploration, that helps strengthen emotional health, enhances healing and personal transformation.
* provides a context for one's personal journey, cultivating deep listening and tapping into one's own inner wisdom, abundance & peace.
* is a practical way to live in the present and understand the impact of the past while still feeling fully alive today
* teaches patients valuable, practical strategies and life-enhancing techniques for managing stress, anxiety & frustration in the real world
* session structure can vary and consist of open-ended discussions, guided talks, or focused conversations on a specific problem.
* includes discussions on family dynamics, relationships issues, recovery from trauma and abuse, conscious communication, assertive
behaviors, challenges in the workplace and finding inner balance and peace
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in helping people who have a spiritual orientation to become able to see beyond the obvious and become able to connect with the more subtle levels of our experience, in a way that often feels deeper than words.
I especially resonate with those who do yoga, meditation or some other contemplative practice as my way of viewing our life's journey is borne directly out of my knowledge of these disciplines and personally witnessing the power and positive impact that they have had on many of my students and clients over the years.