Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Mental Health Counselor|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Mental Health Counselor - 007498|
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: $140 per session, Free 15 minute consultation
See other therapists in Brooklyn, NY.
Therapy should be viewed as a private place to confide in a professional who can help you increase your awareness of yourself, and find insight into problematic patterns of behavior. It can also help you can understand how previous life experiences shape who you are today. I strive to create a safe, judgment-free space through empathy, compassion, and objectivity where the child, adolescent, or adult can openly process their feelings and begin the path to change. My style is solution focused with cognitive behavioral therapy interventions. I like to see results, so I often find that talking through a problem is not enough. Instead, talking combined with behavioral interventions is often where the change really occurs. I use a collaborative approach try to understand the root of the problem, the problem itself, and then making a plan on how to address the problem in the most effective way.
Email or Call Emmy Kleine at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 36778
More Info About My Practice
I like to think of myself as a collaborator on my client's path to change. With this being said, I try to stay true to what I believe are some of the most important factors in creating a positive therapeutic relationship:
-Having a balanced & collaborative relationship with my clients
-Bringing a sense of relatability and honesty
-Creating an easygoing and fun environment, especially when working with kids and adolescents
-Being authentic and sincere
-Creating a safe space that feels open and caring
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
ADULTS: Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Issues, Career Changes, Family Conflict, Low Self Esteem, Stress of College or Grad school, Parenting struggles
TEENS: Identity issues, self-esteem, bullying, fitting in with peers, demands of high school, preparing for college
dating and relationships, living in a blended family, parent's divorce, parental substance use, emotional abuse and neglect, drug and alcohol use
CHILDREN: ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Low Self Esteem, Depression, Anxiety
How Psychotherapy Can Help
Some of the reasons why therapy is so valuable are:
1. A huge benefit of therapy is that its effects are long-lasting. This is because you are not only working through current problems, but also developing the skills to help you deal with future problems.
2. Suppressed emotions will effect you in the future. An obstacle that often presents itself when you do not talk about your feelings, is that negative feelings can build up and interfere with your relationships with others for years to come.
3. Therapy can give you a whole new perspective on yourself and other people in your life
4. Talking about things gives them meaning. Talking about a problem with a therapist can be beneficial in that by you identifying the problem, it will help it become clearer and more manageable to work on.
5. Seeing a therapist can be a help you know that you have a built in support network to see on a weekly basis. When you are having a difficult time, at least you have the comfort of knowing that you have someone to talk to who will listen without giving their opinion or judgement.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
Psychotherapy is purposeful in so many ways. Some of the most important reasons to attend therapy may be to shift negative patterns of thinking and behavior, develop more meaningful relationships, and learn what really makes you happy in life.
Services I Provide
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Adolescents with ADHD, ODD, Self Esteem Issues, Conflict with Peers, Bullying
Young Adults identifying meaningful careers
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.