Debra J. Totton, LCSW
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Clinical Social Work - LCS 15007
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Fees: $200.00 for initial appointment
$175.00 for family
$145.00 for individual
Have you observed changes in the mood, behavior, eating, sleeping or overall attitude of your child or teen? Noticeable changes, such as forgetfulness, not listening, crying, tantrums, weight loss, "bad" dreams, talking back, or being irritable, might indicate the need for counseling. Children and teens experience anxiety, depression, trauma, grief and chronic illness just like adults.
I utilize play therapy, sandplay, art, and filial therapy techniques to help your child express his or her pain, and together, we find solutions. I can also help you strike a balance between teen independence and parental expectations.
You will learn to understand your child's symbolic language and build a stronger relationship. Years of teaching the theory and techniques of play therapy to graduate students and psychiatry residents has uniquely qualified me to teach you, as I work with your child, how to continue the therapeutic process at home (filial therapy).
or Call Debra J. Totton, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09325
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
My approach to life and in my practice is a focus on growth. Most often people will come in thinking that there is no hope of relief for their pain. I build on the strengths you have, acknowledge the influences of your past, work on the present and celebrate the accomplishments of your goals. I value honesty, courage and trust in our work together.
An important part of therapy is practicing the skills you will learn in our sessions and apply them outside the office. I believe that with hard work the change you want will occur.
What I Love about Being a Psychotherapist
I have two mottos in my life. The first is to know who you are and who you represent. We are all connected to those around us. This means we can influence others positively or negatively. And we can be influenced by others as well.
The second motto that I am passionate about is to help people find help and hope. I strive to hold your hope while you and I work together to reach your potential.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Intelligence
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Family Constellations
- Family Systems Therapy
- Filial Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Parent Work
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Play Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Systems Theory /Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.