My Approach to Helping
Oakwood Family Treatment Centers is dedicated to helping teens, young adults, and their families create a foundation for healing, self-discovery, and personal growth. Our goal is to promote human potential, mindful living, and spiritual well-being. At Oakwood, we help families by finding and supporting real solutions to their challenges. We offer a wide array of services, ranging from individual psychotherapy to a full-service intensive outpatient treatment program to a young adult therapeutic mentoring program. In all the services we provide we use a multidimensional, clinically-based family treatment approach that is highly individualized, integrative, and comprehensive and holistic, in nature. Our goal is to promote human potential, mindful living, and personal restoration.
More Info About My Practice
Our Intensive Outpatient Program offers teens, young adults, and their families the opportunity to engage in intensive therapeutic work while the client(s) remain fully immersed in their home, school, and work environments. While the teen and family engage in individual, family, and various group therapies at the center on multiple days of the week, treatment is planned so that the teen remains living at home, enrolled in school, and parents are free to engage in their regular work and life activities. Our Therapeutic Mentoring Program provides structured, hands-on coaching, therapy, and support for an individual and their family. These services are best suited for individuals in late adolescence and young adulthood (up to the age of 25) that need active support within their community.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Our teenage and young adult children have unique needs and challenges. Having worked with hundreds of families and young people over the past 27 years, I have found that parents facing the complexities of their teen or young adult child's world oftentimes have insufficient resources and knowledge to address their child's issues. This can leave parents doubtful and ambivalent in their parental decision-making. All too often parents feel isolated and overwhelmed in addressing their child's or family's unique set of challenges. At Oakwood, we "get" what parents and families need to feel supported.
My Guiding Ethical Principles
- Culture of Excellence- we consistently maintain high professional standards and seek to provide the best treatment approach for each client, helping clients better actualize their full potential for human development
- Integrity- we are committed to the highest level of ethics and moral standards in everything we do
- Respect- we honor with the utmost dignity of our clients and staff
- Passion- we love what we do, and enjoy the population we treat
- Compassion- we respect the human spirit and treat each individual's struggles and challenges with kindness and care
- We honor individuality and personal truth
- We believe that working together best facilitates the integrative work we do and achieves the best possible outcomes for the individual and the family as a whole
- We provide a secure and safe environment, both physically and emotionally, that fosters teens' self-actualization and personal growth
- We are a family-based treatment center, and as such we believe in building and sustaining a sense of family and community whereby the knowledge, life experience, successes, and struggles we all share throughout the process of recovery will make the world and our community a better place