Charles Kuhn, LCSW, BCD
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor|
I'm a licensed professional.
Clinical Social Worker - CW012895
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
I am an in-network provider for:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Gateway Health Plan
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Military OneSource
- PacificSource Health Plans
- United Behavioral Health
- UPMC Health Plan, Inc.
Free Initial Consultation
It's all About Change.
Everyone experiences changes. Change is inevitable in our lives and you can either manage change and shape it to your advantage, or let those changes manage and shape you.
Most of us have the abilities to cope with most frequent changes in our lives. Some of us don't realize that we can and feel overwhelmed; helpless in dealing with situations and their accompanying stress.
At other times we are perfectly capable of handling ordinary situations and changes, but find ourselves in unexpected situations for which our normal coping skills seem to be inadequate.
Whatever the sources of your stress, the result could be anxious or depressed moods, panic attacks, anger problems, relationship issues and more.
I welcome the opportunity to explore how you can best cope with the changes that you are dealing with. In my life I also have had to find my own way to manage and/or accept life's changes. I am certain that, together, you and I can make things better for you and your loved ones.
or Call Charles Kuhn, LCSW, BCD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 03119
More Info About My Practice
I offer effective counseling to individuals, couples and families in a comfortable, convenient and confidential private practice environment.
I am a participating provider with virtually all insurance plans, including Medicare and TriCare. I also participate with many employee assistance plans and you should inquire with your employer concerning this valuable benefit.
Both of my offices are easily accessible to public transportation and parking is readily available.
Please email me or call me with your questions or to make an appointment.
My View on the Nature of 'Disorders'
I believe, and in my experience, "disorder" is a label that only signifies that a problem we are experiencing has caused enough dis-comfort or dis-order in our lives that we must address it.
Often we feel we are at our lowest point when we go to our first therapy appointment, but that isn't the case. The moment before we decide to pick up the phone and make a therapy appointment is the low point. At that moment therapy has already begun and we are on the road to recovering.
So start recovering now! Call for an appointment.
What Makes up a Problem?
I can describe in clinical detail many "disorders" and, indeed those may seem to be related to a "problem". A problem, however, is anything that keeps you from functioning in the way you want to as a person, as a group, as a couple or as a family.
A problem is not necessarily a mental illness, many people have problems that are related to relationship, socio-economic, legal, medical/mental health or other stressors and there are ways of eliminating, reducing or accepting the results of those stressors.
Changing our thought and/or behavior patterns can make immense changes in our level of happiness and fulfillment and therapy is one of the ways to achieve those changes.
I will be very happy to discuss your problems and how I may be able to help you cope with them. Please call me.
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Children and adults with ADD/ADHD
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Learning Difficulties
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Physical Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Suspiciousness / Paranoia
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Anger Management
- Autogenic Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Family Systems Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.