My Approach to Helping
Seeking psychotherapy can be a huge step. It is not often easy asking for help especially when dealing with psychological stress. There are many reasons why you may be ready to explore how psychotherapy can make a difference in your life right now. Maybe there are long-standing psychological issues that need to be addressed, anxiety or depressive symptoms and poor health habits that get in the way of you living your life, feeling stuck in your relationships or your phase of life, unable to move on from past traumatic experiences, or maybe you need emotional support to strengthen skills you learned previously in therapy. Regardless what it is, I believe that you are an expert in yourself and together with my clinical expertise we become partners in the therapeutic process to achieve the goals you set for yourself and to work towards creating a satisfyingly fulfilling life whatever that means for you (whether it be to lower levels of anxiety and stress, letting go of the past, decreased conflict, and improved quality of life, etc...). There is no one size fits all approach. Using a very eclectic approach, the therapeutic process is tailored to your needs as we decide what they are right now and what future you want to create.
More Info About My Practice
Psychotherapy is great at providing insight and new perspectives into life's challenges and to create effective solutions to demanding problems. In our work together, we aim...
* to develop new skills to better manage stress and anxiety,
* to increase your ability to reflect and be with your unconscious/conscious inner feelings,
* to modify unhealthy behaviors and long-standing debilitating patterns,
* to gain insight into ineffective personal patterns of relating and behaving that impair your relationships
* to increase your self-confidence,
* to work towards overcoming traumatic experiences and creating a healthy and fulfilling life
* to learn better coping skills to manage depression and moods,
* to improve your ability to relate, listen and communicate in your relationships,
* to effectively manage life's obstacles through new problem solving techniques.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I provide individual, couples and family counseling. My treatment specialization includes the following:
* Depression and anxiety
* Relationship problems
* Behavioral issues
* Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
* Trauma, PTSD and Psychosomatic symptoms
* Child abuse/Sexual abuse history
* Life transition and stress management
* Parenting and family issues
* Chronic health and Healthy lifestyle management (ie. insomnia, smoking cessation)