Andrea Skitch, MSW, RSW
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychotherapist|
I'm a registered professional.
Registered Social Worker - 811740
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Fees: $140 per session (individual), $170 per session (couple)
Free Initial Consultation
Working person-centered, I assist people in expressing their feelings, find solutions to problems, explore and understand their emotions and thinking patterns, set goals and clarify hopes and dreams for the future. In addition, I work with their story to help them gain insights, and find meaning and purpose in their life. I work hard to practice the art of listening. I will have basic training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) by March 1, 2017, which is very exciting to me as it has shown to be a very effective treatment for many issues clients face. You can read more about EMDR on the EMDR International Association website.
or Call Andrea Skitch, MSW, RSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 11069
More Info About My Practice
Most health benefit providers offer coverage for Registered Social Work services. Check with your provider for details. I will provide clients with a receipt for each session to submit for reimbursement from benefits providers.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
Do your research. Call various therapists and inquire whether they feel they can be of assistance to you and the particular concern you're having. And ask yourself the following questions which might clarify your readiness for therapy at the moment: "Do I believe there is a way to change the problem in my life, but am I just not sure how? Do I feel that if I had some guidance I could make change in my life for the better? If I knew it would improve, would I be willing to experience difficult feelings or expose truths that are not fun in order to move forward? Is there something I need to let go of to be happier? Do I have a sense of what I feel or need but have a hard time expressing it?" Likely, once you answer these and other questions honestly, you'll have a sense whether engaging in therapy might be of use at this time.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Pre and post-pantum, women, professional women, couples in Toronto, parents of teens, teachers, helping professionals, trauma (incidents or attachment based), work stress, managing chronic illness, anxiety and depression
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Chronic Pain
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Post Partum Depression
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.