Amanda Marrero, MA, LPCC
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Counselor, Mental Health Counselor|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
We all experience seasons of life that are filled with hardship. It takes tremendous courage to reach out for help. I am here to support you towards clarity, self-acceptance and ultimately the life you desire. My goal is to create a path for you to live an authentic and meaningful life that is filled with rewarding relationships.
The most important part of counseling is the feeling of trust and safety between you and your therapist. I am committed to providing an environment of nonjudgement and encouragement where you can learn new skills and express yourself fully.
I am deeply passionate about empowering people and specialize in working with ages 14 and older. I have specific training and background in helping individuals integrate trauma and challenging life experiences. My intention is to provide an opportunity for you to discover your inner strength and reclaim your birthright to feel whole and self-fulfilled.
or Call Amanda Marrero, MA, LPCC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 42773
More Info About My Practice
My therapeutic approach is somatic psychotherapy. In somatic therapy, body awareness is seen as a crucial resource for learning how to know and heal yourself. That means that we spend time attending to the connection between your body, thoughts and behavior.
Becoming aware of your embodied experience in therapy helps to open new pathways of healing and unravel the stories that live inside your body. When something challenging or painful happens in your life you need tools to help your body and mind recover. The ability to be self-reflective of your somatic sensations will enable you to know yourself deeply, exercise impulse control, feel a greater capacity for empathy, feel more in charge of your life and increase awareness of your needs and boundaries leading you to make healthy decisions in your relationships.
Deep inner transformation occurs when we get out of our habitual roles and bring attention to what is real in the present moment.
I look forward to connecting with you!
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Life Transitions & Meaning Making, PTSD, Chronic Illness, Trauma Survivors, Teens, Young Adults, Sexual Assault Survivors, Domestic Violence Survivors
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Body Image
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Chronic Pain
- Domestic Violence
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Identity Issues
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sleep Disorders
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Teen violence/dating violence
- Terminal Illness
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Body Psychotherapy
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Conflict Resolution Therapy
- Developmental Psychology
- Family Systems Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic Psychotherapy
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.