Alexandra Waxer, LMSW
|Professions: Social Worker|
I'm a therapist practicing under supervision
LMSW - 63958
Not accepting new clients.
I do not work with insurance companies
Fees: $60 for a 50 minute session, $100 for initial intake.
Welcome! I'm Alexandra Waxer, a pre-teen and adolescent therapist. Many of us are working to understand ourselves more deeply, but don't have all of the necessary tools to do so. I frequently use a tailored mix of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Mindfulness-Based approaches, all of which are evidenced-based. I provide a person-centered approach, where teens can express themselves in a non-judgmental space, allowing your teen to talk openly about challenges while encouraging positive growth. I believe families play an important role in the therapeutic process and listen to your concerns. I look forward to assisting you!
or Call Alexandra Waxer, LMSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 44157
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
As a therapist, I am passionate about helping your child find the tools they need to help them communicate their feelings more freely and overcome their inner struggles. I've worked closely with teens and their families helping them navigate some of life's most difficult challenges including teens that have expressed a desire to hurt themselves or have had prior self-harming behaviors.
I have advanced expertise in trauma, depression, anxiety, mood disorders, low self-esteem, life transitions, substance abuse, family/relationship conflicts, and grief and loss.
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Adolescents and young adults.
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Dual Diagnosis
- Emotional Abuse
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Internet Addiction
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- School issues
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Teen violence/dating violence
- Values Clarification
- Young Adult Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Systems Theory /Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.