Working With Trauma: Multi-Modal Integrative Psychotherapy
Presented by Monique Lang, LCSW on 01-22-2010 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
Scientific research is increasingly showing that trauma is held not only in our "conscious memory" but in our physical body as well. As such, talk therapy alone has been shown to be less effective than the integration of various models to help clients recover from the impact of trauma, be it big "T" trauma (such as terrorism, tsunami, sexual abuse, or domestic violence) or small "t" trauma (such as car accidents, living in an alcoholic family, or surgery).
The purpose of this workshop is to provide clinicians with an awareness of a variety of therapeutic techniques such as meditation, body movement, art work, imagery, and visualization, as well as ceremonies to deepen and broaden their clinical work with clients. Topics to be covered will include what types of non-verbal therapy are easily integrated into a psychotherapy session.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will join the teleconference by calling into the teleconference center and entering an access code. The teleconference will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This teleconference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Monique Lang, LCSW
Monique Lang has been a psychotherapist, trainer, and consultant for almost 30 years. She was the creator of the first Westchester Rape Crisis Center and has trained clinicians and volunteers. She is a founding members of the Aids Related Services of Westchester, and the Trauma Studies Program of the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Monique offers intensive training in Internal Family Systems, Gestalt therapy, EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, and she has studied Reiki, mindfulness practice, and meditation.
Former adjunct professor at SUNY, Mercy College, and Columbia University, Monique has also taught at NIP’s Center for Spirituality and Psychotherapy and is presently on the faculty of ICP’s Integrated Trauma Studies Program. She has presented at the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies and the New York Open Center as well as many agencies and centers of learning. Monique is the co-author of Journey to Wholeness: Healing from the Trauma of Rape and author of Healing Post Traumatic Stress: A Workbook for Recovery and maintains a private practice in New York City.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.