Walking The Healing Walk with Power
Presented by Judith Barr, MA, LMHC on 10-13-2008 at 9 a.m. Pacific
Out of her passion for healing the misuse and abuse of power in the healing arts professions and all arenas of life, Judith Barr wrote Power Abused, Power Healed. Wonderful things have unfolded as she has brought her book out into the world. She has been able to extend the learning and healing in her book into the arena of current events. Judith has had the opportunity to help people learn about themselves through the events that are occurring in our world today. People in her practice; people who have read her book; people who listen to and watch her radio and TV interviews. As a result, Judith is having the chance to teach some of the basic wisdoms of psychotherapy, among them, the leader is a mirror of the people; why we allow things to go on that we say we don't want; why people lie, including our leaders, and to help prepare fertile ground for deeper and broader healing in our world.
During her first teleconference with us, Judith touched and inspired people as she urged us to know how much power we psychotherapists have to help in our world if we do our own healing work. In this teleconference, she will take us a step further, and give us the opportunity to hear, see, feel, and share what gets evoked in us in today's world that we need to tend to, especially related to the campaign and the election, for our own sake, for the sake of our clients, and for the sake of our world.
If you have any questions about this web conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will join the teleconference by calling into the teleconference center and entering an access code. The teleconference will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This web conference is available at no cost to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Judith Barr, MA, LMHC
Judith Barr has been a depth psychotherapist in private practice since 1975 and currently practices in Brookfield, Connecticut. She has earned an MS in Counseling and maintains licensure as a Mental Health Counselor in Florida, New York, and Connecticut. She has published a life-changing book, Power Abused, Power Healed, as well as an audio series, "The Spoken Word on Behalf of the Feminine," and more than three dozen articles for both professionals and the general public. Judith offers her healing expertise in an array of formats, including working with individuals, groups, workshops, and consultations. In addition to this she offers training and supervision programs for healing arts professionals. Through her numerous speaking engagements and radio, TV, and print interviews, Judith touches lives, teaching and inspiring us to live from the inside out.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.