Addiction Recovery Center
Sex addiction destroys the life of the addict, their partner, and the family. The emphasis is on the attainment of sobriety with tools to aid the recovering addict to maintain sobriety.
For the partner, we focus on healing their the trauma.
The couple is helped with the process of disclosure.
Click to View Phone Number
Treatment and Services Offered:
- Addiction Rehab
- Couples and Marriage Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy (Psychotherapy)
- Sex Addiction Program
Accepted Age Groups:
Specific Populations Treated:
Sex addicts, partners of sex addicts
Types of Therapy Offered:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Developmental Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Family Systems Therapy
- Abuse / Survivors of Abuse
- Addictions and Compulsions
- ADHD / Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity
- Attachment Issues
- Communication Problems
- Dual Diagnosis
- Internet Addiction
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Religious Issues
- Sex Addiction
- Trust Issues
Setting (outpatient / inpatient):
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Sliding scale fees and plans are available at this center
- We provide free initial face to face consultations at this center
- Free phone consultations are always available at this center
- We can provide documentation for "out of network" benefit coverage
Dr. Mary Anne Fifield
, DMFT, CAS , CSAT
Dr. Fifield is the Founding Director of the Addiciton Recovery Center. She teaches, trains, speaks about sex addiction in the community, and is a published author. She is actively involved in the Program and works directly with the clients.
She has great compassion for the addict and partner and understands just how devastating this form of addiction is, and the destruction it causes. She is, therefore, deeply committed to helping the recovery, healing process.
Year Business Started:
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, 20-0577029, in the State of California.
About Our Center
We offer the LifeSTAR Bay Area Program, based on Dr. Patrick Carnes research.
We are an outpatient program meeting in the staff offices. The Program has three Phases: Phase 1 meets in a conference room, and is much like an informal class with a leacture, dialogue with the clients, and workbooks for homework. Both addicts and partners are present.
Phase 2 meets in a clinician's office, addicts together as well as partners meeting together. The workbooks and other tasks take the client to a deeper understanding of their unique situation.
Phase 3 continues with intensive work on childhood experiences and trauma.
Couples Coach aid the couple with successful communication and disclosure.
Attendance at 12-Step programs are vital for recovery.
The Director and other staff members are Certified Sex Addiction Therapists, certified by IITAP.
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.