The following initiatives have been set forth to fulfill the GoodTherapy.org mission and vision:
- Development of a leading online therapist directory with the highest membership standards in the industry, assuring that all therapists listed meet educational, licensure, and philosophical guidelines. This practice comes closer than any other online directory of assuring that ethical, collaborative, and non-pathologically based services are provided.
- Development of educational content about psychotherapy for the purpose of reducing harm.
- Publishing of over 4,300 articles and news items on related mental health, psychology, and marriage counseling topics.
- Publishing of over 135 Topic Expert pages with information on specific issues treated in therapy for the purpose of informing consumers on common syndromes and concerns addressed in therapy
- Publishing of over 104 Topic Expert pages with information on specific types of psychotherapy and counseling for the purpose of informing consumers about the many different forms and approaches to psychotherapy & counseling.
- Development of the "Dear GoodTherapy.org" syndicated column designed to address issues presented by people in therapy or people seeking therapy with issues related to the psychotherapy process, client-therapist relationship, and ethical issues.
- Development of a continuing education series designed to provide ongoing training to mental health professionals.
- Development of a public web conference series designed to provide information to consumers about common therapy and mental health issues.
- Sponsorship of the Good Therapy Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, aiming to provide pro bono and sliding fee therapy to those in need.
- Sponsorship and declaration of support provided to the Coalition for DSM Reform in their efforts to petition and address the American Psychiatric Association’s proposed changes to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Last Update: 03-26-2013