|Professions: Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Mental Health Counseling|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Many people face feelings of isolation, fear, anger, and depression, and this can cause you to feel misunderstood. It's common to experience challenges that lead to confusion and pain. I strive to provide a nonjudgmental and comfortable sanctuary to offer relief from the pain.
I go beyond this, though, to offer specialized treatment plans that address my clients' unique needs. For many years I have worked with men, adolescents, and others who don't feel validated.
Change happens in my office everyday. If you're ready to embrace change and healing, contact me and we'll get started. For more information about what therapy with me is like, visit my website.
or Call Zak Mooney, LCPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 15734
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I have had success working with clients who experience anxiety and panic, anger, impulse control problems, trauma/PTSD, OCD, as well as many other issues.
Had a Negative Therapy Experience?
To people who've had negative experiences in therapy I'd say unfortunately they are not alone, this is a common experience. I'd also say that success in therapy has a lot to do with a person's natural fit with their therapist, meaning that much of the time the process begins with trying several therapists until the right fit is found. I'd encourage anyone with questions to give me a call, chat for a few minutes, and if it feels natural make an appointment.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
Men, young men, and teens. People with a trauma history, OCD, panic, depression, and personality disorders.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Career Choice
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability
- Internet Addiction
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Physical Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Suspiciousness / Paranoia
- Trust Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Anger Management
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Collaborative Therapy / Collaborative Language Systems
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Humanistic Psychology
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychology
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Process Oriented Psychology
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.