Tonya Ladipo, LCSW
Tonya Ladipo, LCSW
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Counselor, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker - CW015409|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: $120 for 50 minutes individual therapy
$135 for 50 minutes couples, marriage, and family therapy
See other therapists in Philadelphia, PA.
15 years ago my hair fell out. I had a big bald spot on the back of my head. The dermatologist said it was caused by stress. I was 24.
Family, friends, work, relationships . . . there are so many responsibilities in life that it can be overwhelming. I know what that's like. Maybe you've carried the stress for so long that you're at your breaking point. Or maybe the way you were juggling everything doesn't work anymore. Or perhaps a relationship at home or at work is really stressful and challenging which makes the rest of life hard.
That's why we're here. I formed The Ladipo Group in 2004 because there wasn't a place for Blacks and African-Americans to get quality services from someone who truly knows and experiences our stress. We know what it's like to struggle in our marriages and relationships but are too scared to tell people because we're the "model couple." We know what it's like to feel tired and overwhelmed without having someone to lift us up.
Because we know what it's like we want to help to make it better and easier for you. Our staff uses all of their education, training, and experience to show you new ways to live your life. It may be talking differently so your partner will listen, saying no to some things and people so you can say yes to others, or sorting through old feelings and experiences in order to clear the way for new ones.
Email or Call Tonya Ladipo, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01622
More Info About My Practice
You're coming to counseling because you want something to be different in your life. We're going to work with you to make that change. Together we'll look at the stress in life and your relationships and we'll show you how to change it.
People who come to see us like that we're direct, kind, and honest. We're also professional, efficient, and take pride in the high-quality services we provide. Our passionate is our work. Learn. Change. Grow. is what we do!
Why Going to Therapy Does Not Mean You are Weak or Flawed
For so long the Black community has thought of therapy as "only for crazy people or White people." But it's not.
Therapy is for people who want to learn how to be in their world in a way that feels good to them. It's for people who want stronger marriages and relationships. It's for people who want to feel more confident and secure at work and school. It's for people like me and like you.
The Duration and Frequency of Therapy
We know that you're busy and need to 'keep it moving' so we offer sessions on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis.
Some people choose to come less often (biweekly or monthly) for a longer session (90-minutes). Others choose weekly sessions for 50-minutes. We make recommendations based on your goals and what you what to achieve. However we know that schedules and finances may be considerations so the option is yours.
Most people see us for 10 - 12 sessions.
My Blog Posts
- Shifting Identities: Why Your Experiences Don't Define You
- Insidious Oppression: 10 Common Racial Microaggressions
- Microaggressions: Everyday Racism in the 21st Century
- When Sadness and Grief Take the Joy Out of the Holidays
- Domestic Violence and Relationships: Is Love Enough?
- Does Your Mood Change with the Seasons?
- Let's Not Forget about Suicide's Unsuspecting Victims
- Feeling Unworthy or Undeserving? Let's Undo That
- Does Your Calendar Reflect Your Life's Priorities?
- Out of the Darkness: Three Steps to Emotional Healing
- Simple Steps to Keeping New Year’s Resolutions
- When You've Had Your Fill of Family: Keys to a Fulfilling Holiday
- Time to See What Shifting Perspectives Can Do for You
- The Grief of Joy: When Feelings of Loss Accompany Happy Transitions
- When You’re a Minority in a Majority World
- Relationship Fairness: What a 50/50 Balance Means
- Forgiveness Is a Journey, Not a Destination
- Identity: The Power of a Name
- When One Person Changes in a Relationship
- Why African-Americans are Less Likely to Go to Therapy
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
African-American and Black individuals, couples, and families. Interracial couples. Biracial families. Heterosexual and Same-Sex Couples.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.