|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
Marriage and Family Therapist - MQ19733
1-800-651-8085 ext. 09938
The approach I bring to my work is one of empathy, genuine kindness, and humor. I support my clients to deepen their capacity for self-acceptance, self-love and understanding.
My style creates a safe container in which the authentic self is supported to emerge from past wounding, often related to the family of origin.
I address issues of stress, anxiety, grief, depression and other challenges to a positive sense of self. My Jungian background provides essential information to facilitate change through dream work and a model for understanding the psyche and the individuation journey.
I also work with a paradigm I refer to as the "Circle of Life" which is a map for discovering ones natural gifts and talents. The process helps to identify fears, boundary issues and communication challenges that prevent access to a deeper sense of wholeness and balance. Learning to identify and negotiate needs effectively is an essential aspect of the work. I believe it is through healing past wounding that we are able to access our life purpose/dream. The work I offer assists in creating the possibility of recognizing and claiming meaningful ways one can contribute to life. It enhances relationship to oneself and others and creates a more peaceful heart and mind.
or Call Teresa R. Rousseau MFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09938
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
To heal past wounding and learn skillful ways to communicate that address core needs. To develop relationships to self, others and life that meet our basic needs and that inspire engaging in life in meaningful ways. To embrace change as positive and to identify beliefs and behaviors that undermine the ability to make conscious choice and to live a balanced life.
My Role as a Therapist
My role is as a guide, teacher and empathic companion in healing, empowerment to change and deepening self acceptance and love.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Intelligence
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Depth Therapy
- Dreamwork and Dream Analysis
- Ecotherapy / Nature Therapy
- Humanistic Psychology
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Non-Violent Communication
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sand Tray / Sand Play Therapy
- Shamanic Journeying / Psychoshamanic
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
- Voice Dialogue
- Wilderness Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.