Susanne M. Dillmann, PsyD
Susanne M. Dillmann, PsyD
|Professions: Psychologist, Counselor, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Psychologist - PSY21969|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Escondido, CA.
Do you feel overwhelmed, almost flooded by emotions? Or do you feel cut-off from feelings as if you do not have any? I can and will help you learn how to experience, understand and manage your feelings so that emotions enrich your life and no longer confuse or seem to hold you hostage. You know that there simply has to be another way to live. I can and will help you develop this other way.
I provide therapy that is tailored to each individual and is rooted in a collaborative approach. Together we develop a path that will bring you from precisely where you are to where you want to be. This ensures that your therapy experience is relevant, effective and transformative.
You deserve to lead a life that radiates with meaning, purpose and fulfillment.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Email or Call Susanne M. Dillmann, PsyD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00718
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Throughout my graduate school training I focused on trauma – this meant that I took specialized courses, engaged in trauma therapy, wrote my dissertation on the healing of trauma and even worked internationally in a post-war country. Due to these experiences, as well as due to the clients I have worked with, I have developed a deep awe for the resilience and healing potential of people. It is an honor and privilege to collaborate with my trauma survivors in charting a path through their healing and into their thriving.
My Blog Posts
- I Feel Guilty for Leaving Him in His Time of Need. How Do I Deal?
- Running on Empty: How to Manage Your Energy Levels After Trauma
- How Do I Bring Up Trauma to My Therapist?
- I Don't Feel Human
- Navigating the Protective Rules of Friendships
- Understanding the Wisdom in Your Anger
- Learning to Accept Love After Experiencing Trauma
- Reclaiming Holidays and Creating New Traditions
- How to Balance Gratitude
- Self-Compassion, Part IV: Coping with Distress
- Self-Compassion, Part III: Growing Tenderheartedness
- Self-Compassion, Part II: Recognizing Your Limits
- Self-Compassion, Part I: After Trauma
- Trauma: True Acknowledgement is Necessary for Healing to Begin
- When to Share What
- Common Therapy Approaches to Help You Heal from Trauma
- Panic Attacks: How They Take Over
- From Victim to Survivor to Thriver
- Phases of Trauma Healing: Part III, the Final Phase
- Phases of Trauma Healing: Part II, the Deep End of the Pool
- Phases of Trauma Healing: Part I, Establishing Safety
- Trauma's Impact on Relationships: Part II
- Trauma's Impact on Relationships: Part I
- How Trauma Impacts Your Sense of Self: Part II
- Getting Worn Down from Emotional Abuse
- How Trauma Impacts Your Sense of Self: Part I
- Practice Makes Perfect: Learning to Calm Your Stress Response
- Understanding the Physical Impact of Extreme Stress
- Healing from Trauma, Part III: Moving Out from the Shadow of Trauma
- Healing from Trauma, Part II: Now that I'm Safe, What Do I Do?
- Healing from Trauma, Part I: Why Can't I Just Forget About It?
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.