Susan Regan, Marriage & Family Therapist
|Professions: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Social Work|
I'm a licensed professional.
LMFT - MFT31600
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I offer therapy to individuals, children, couples, and families. My goal is to offer you a safe place and time. The therapeutic relationship is an important one, and there are many reasons to seek counseling. Some people seek therapy because they want more happiness or peace. Most clients find that our sessions offer relief from their symptoms within a few months. They also cultivate new insights and skills.
I work with people from many backgrounds and histories to solve problems and live up to their potential. Couples make up over half of my clientele. While I work with many couples going through separation or divorce, I work equally with couples who are trying to improve their relationships and stay together. My goal is to help couples find healthy ways to relate to each other.
I have been a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist since 1994. My training and therapeutic style includes EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and the Enneagram, as well as Narrative, Family Systems, Child and Attachment-Based Therapy. Since I do a lot of clinical work with divorcing couples, I am also a trained Mediator.
For over 15 years my clinical practice has served hundreds of couples and individuals seeking a balance between individual fulfillment and connection in intimate relationships. I also practice co-parent counseling with parents who are in the process of separating.
I facilitate talks throughout the Bay Area on mental health issues such as stress, work/life balance and effective parenting strategies. In the non-profit sector I provide program consultation to organizations serving a diverse range of parents with the goal strengthening families.
or Call Susan Regan, Marriage & Family Therapist at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01560
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
I am currently offering a two-hour Separation/Divorce Workshop, a weekly Separation/Divorce Support Group, Co-Parenting Counseling sessions, and a Co-Parenting Class. Divorce can be a difficult experience. You may need to divide your household, assets, determine custody and adjust finances. While divorce is an ending, it is also an opportunity to grow, learn, and develop healthier ways as an individual and in a family. I also specialize in EMDR.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Clean Language, Symbolic Modeling, and Metaphor Therapy
- Depth Therapy
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Parent Work
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.